First Medal

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was doing a quick scan of the club diaries - first medal is down for Tuesday 6th March at one and Saturday 17th March at the other.

Not sure I will be getting my snorkel and wellies on for the one this week assuming the course has even reopened by then.

Anyone already played a medal this year or got one this week ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was due to have our first one of the year today. That didn't happen of course. 17th March our next one too but I'm hoping we'll be much better by then and the course should have dried following the snow. At least the season feels its beginning to start

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are an all year round golf club.

We have had a few medals (stbfds) cancelled this year due to the weather, including yesterday, but it looks lie tomorrows might go ahead.

The stroke play comps normally start in April

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We are an all year round golf club.

We have had a few medals (stbfds) cancelled this year due to the weather, including yesterday, but it looks lie tomorrows might go ahead.

The stroke play comps normally start in April

We're the same, weather permitting and had two stablefords from the yellows and one buffer and one 0.1 so far. We're back off the whites from March so I fear the next few comps will be a slog with the course being very wet and playing it's full length. Avoiding the rough will be paramount. Pairs event up next (combined stableford points) so going in very rusty having not played on course for a fortnight.