First claim club

Mandofred

Visit site
Joined my club at the beginning of April like normal.....joined a 2nd club recently at a reduced price. I think the new club is where I'm going to be playing. How do you "declare" your primary club? I'm happy paying the difference in price at the new club to make that my 1st choice club. I've not played inter club comps with the old (but still a member) club.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just tell both clubs which one you want to be the home club. The old club should 'release' you to the new club. If both clubs are England you should only pay one affiliation fee.

Mandofred

Visit site
Just tell both clubs which one you want to be the home club. The old club should 'release' you to the new club. If both clubs are England you should only pay one affiliation fee.
Thanks, I had no idea there was an "affiliation fee".....I'm clueless as usual.

Mandofred

Visit site
I'm pretty sure of the answer already....but just thought I would ask....

Joined the 2nd club....at a reduced price. I can't just change my "home club" to that without paying the full price....can I? please....tell me I can....wimper....

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm pretty sure of the answer already....but just thought I would ask....

Joined the 2nd club....at a reduced price. I can't just change my "home club" to that without paying the full price....can I? please....tell me I can....wimper....
It depends on the club. There is no 'rule'. I can't see why they would want to charge you more.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've never heard of a club charging more for someone to make it their home club. Certainly not in our rules. I think that the home club is, or should be, where you play most of your golf regardless of fees.

Mandofred

Visit site
Thanks for the answers, sounds like I might have a chance then....I'm playing a comp in the morning with the Seniors section head honcho of the new club....I'll run it by him and see what he says.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If both clubs follow the guidelines there should be no hassle

1.4b/1 – Criteria to be Used When Designating a Home Club
Rule 1.4b requires a player who is a member of more than one golf club to
designate one golf club as their home club.
A player should decide which golf club to designate as their home club based on
one or more of the following criteria:
l Proximity to primary residence,
l Frequency of play, and/or
l The golf club where they submit most of their acceptable scores.
Should a player’s primary residence change on a regular basis such that different
golf clubs satisfy the above criteria at different times of the year, the player should
consider changing their home club accordingly.
Players must not designate a home club for the purpose of obtaining a Handicap
Index that could give them an unfair advantage.