First (and I suspect only) hole in 1

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
As the title says a minor miracle happened today and I got it in the hole, as our American cousins are so fond of shouting. It was all the more sweet as it was on the 152 yard 10th which is the signature hole at Moortown in Leeds. Which was designed by Dr Alistair McKenzie. Who also designed Augusta. So I figured out it's a feat of achievement very similar to winning the Masters.;)

Also more seriously I was playing in 2 4 balls, and in the 4 ball in front of me on the next tee overlooking the green were 4 mates that I have known for around 35 to 40 years since school days. And they all cheered it in, which was great. And a good job as my eye sight is rubbish and I didn't see it drop in, I just thought I'd got it looked quite close but 10 yards short. And they told me it pitched 3 yards or so short and then rolled straight into the middle at a perfect pace. Which of course then later led to questions why I could get it in the hole from 152 yards but manage to 3 put from 20 feet several times. Which was a fair point.

It was a bit surreal as I never thought it would happen to me and I kind of didn't believe it had gone in, as I am pretty rubbish. But we were playing Stableford and I had a shot on that hole, rack them points up :D

Oh well, that's one item crossed off the bucket list. Best start working on the next one now which involves Kylie and Susanna Read. Which before today I thought was as likely to happen as a hole in 1.

Last edited:

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well played sir. I really hope that if and when I get one there are mates there to witness it.

scratch

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Which of course then later led to questions why I could get it in the hole from 152 yards but manage to 3 put from 20 feet several times. Which was a fair point.

Maybe you should putt with whatever club you used for your ace, I'm guessing about a 7 iron?

Oh...hang on this is a golf forum......would have been a lob wedge :whistle:

And nice work breaking your duck :thup:

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Sit bak and bask in the glory

Well done, it's great when the inevitable " have you ever got one " is asked to be able to jut say " oh yes"

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Maybe you should putt with whatever club you used for your ace, I'm guessing about a 7 iron?

Oh...hang on this is a golf forum......would have been a lob wedge :whistle:

And nice work breaking your duck :thup:

Choked down Sand Wedge.....;)

(actually it was a Cobra S3 7 iron).

Also didn't mention that I'd taken a new TM Lethal out my bag for the first time on the tee to see what they were like. One hit, hole in 1, then it went back in the bag never to be hit again. Fair to say that that the ball had a very short but extremely useful life.

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
Well done. I am still waiting for my first one, I lipped around the hole on our 12th which is a par4 last year with a driver. I am glad it didn't go in as I was just playing a few holes after work on my own.

D

Deleted member 1740

Congrats fella, its a great feeling isn't it.

Enjoy your moment because no doubt you'll bogey it next time ;)