Films

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That is very much the point, you have more powerful heroes, you need more powerful villains and so you get this ridiculous level of growth as each side are written to be more and more powerful.

The biggest successes for marvel have been the more 'normal' characters that have a degree of grounding and that it what they are losing.

They also never explain away why we have a planet full of heroes but you end up with maybe just one dealing with a world threatening situation.
Yeah they must have a meeting and draw straws on who gets to do sort it out that time. Presumably they get paid so the government only wants to contract one of them at a time. 😆

It reminds me of this Mitchell & Webb sketch:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sniper: The White Raven. Fairly decent Ukrainian film about a pacifist teacher who joins the Ukrainian Army as sniper after his pregnant wife is killed. Fairly predictable yet held my interest well, purely because I had to focus on the subtitles!

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The marvels - formulaic stuff but still entertaining and fun.

Don’t understand why Brie Larsen gets stick - I think she’s great as carol d.

Been a while since I went to cinema and amazed how expensive it’s become.
Enjoyed it - the girl that plays Ms Marvel is excellent. I need to make a point to watch the Disney+ series.
We have a Cineworld near us, which seems to be one of the cheaper Cineworlds, so we have the Unlimited card - we just have to go more often to make it worthwhile & take sweets with us

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Watched the new movie on Sky last night… Violent Night. Jesus what a load of rubbish… scanning through IMDb after, some of the reviews are ridiculous..”a new Christmas classic”…. “The perfect Christmas film”

I seriously wonder if they are like Amazon reviews…. 8/10 are fake.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched the new movie on Sky last night… Violent Night. Jesus what a load of rubbish… scanning through IMDb after, some of the reviews are ridiculous..”a new Christmas classic”…. “The perfect Christmas film”

I seriously wonder if they are like Amazon reviews…. 8/10 are fake.
I loved it 😄. I wouldn't call it a Christmas classic but I'd still give it a solid 8/10.

Different people, different tastes 🤷‍♂️