Films

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haven’t watched any Wolverine films and I’m not really too fussed about them.
I thought Deadpool 1 was great, 2 a bit meh ?

Give the X-Men a go, they are very good. Well 50/50, went good bad good bad at one point

Wolverine as a character is one of the best around. Brilliantly played by Hugh Jackman

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sure most N. Of The Border will have seen this but “ Sunshine on Leith“ is exceptional. Peter Mullan who was in Tommy‘s Honour is in it and for any Proclaimers Fans it is a must see. How the songs are blended into the story is very clever.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
A couple of Danish films recently, both starring Mads Mikkelsen, both utterly superb.
First was Another Round, great film about a bunch of teachers who get tipsy ?
Next up was Riders Of Justice, a sort of revenge/black comedy type film, brilliant, better than the above film I’d say ?

Mandofred

Visit site
Couple films I had to sell when moving back to the UK
-Men with brooms. If you can find it. Happy curling fantasy.
-Mystery Alaska-if you like ice hockey

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dream Alliance, I’d already seen the excellent documentary so I knew the story, regardless what a great film ?

@GG26 I spotted you in the photo near the end but where were you in the singing bit at the very end ?

Asian Dawn

Visit site
It has just been announced that George Lucas will direct a sequel to Rogue One, provisionally titled "Star Wars - A New Hope" ;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As Dando said, all Quiet on the western front.An excellent film for all the wrong reasons.

Another, “the Good nurse”. Flippin eck ☹️ A good film for the wrong reasons.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched Sink the Bismarck (1960) yesterday evening. An excellent film (Kenneth More doing his usual splendid military part) about a crucial event in the battle for the North Atlantic especially.

What struck me about the ending was how quite graphically the plight of the German seamen beneath the Bismark’s decks as the ship went down was shown - and on the other side how emotionless and absolutely non-celebratory the British officers on the bridge of the KGV were shown to be as they watched on as the Bismarck went down - even though so very many of their fellow British seamen were lost by the Bismarck sinking of the Hood - they just knew of the horror. There was no great sense of joy or pleasure in what they had just done.

Reflecting afterwards how oddly near in time it seemed to me when I was a lad…my dad bought me an Airfix model of the Tirpitz (sister ship of Bismarck) when I was about 10 - only 27yrs after Bismarck was sunk - and of course as he was in the Merchant Navy in Atlantic and Med convoys during the war these battleships were very real to him.

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Watched Sink the Bismarck (1960) yesterday evening. An excellent film (Kenneth More doing his usual splendid military part) about a crucial event in the battle for the North Atlantic especially.

What struck me about the ending was how quite graphically the plight of the German seamen beneath the Bismark’s decks as the ship went down was shown - and on the other side how emotionless and absolutely non-celebratory the British officers on the bridge of the KGV were shown to be as they watched on as the Bismarck went down - even though so very many of their fellow British seamen were lost by the Bismarck sinking of the Hood - they just knew of the horror. There was no great sense of joy or pleasure in what they had just done.

Reflecting afterwards how oddly near in time it seemed to me when I was a lad…my dad bought me an Airfix model of the Tirpitz (sister ship of Bismarck) when I was about 10 - only 27yrs after Bismarck was sunk - and of course as he was in the Merchant Navy in Atlantic and Med convoys during the war these battleships were very real to him.

My father-in-law was a Royal Marine on board HMS Rodney, operating the guns when they engaged Bismarck. Spoke very little about it and what he did was very matter of fact; he never showed any pleasure or joy in it, it was just what had to be done at the time.

Mrs BiM took him to the Imperial War Museum some years ago for a function where he met a German sailor; no malice towards each other, almost like a couple of old mates meeting, both knowing that the malice of one side towards another was that of their country's leader & not those engaged in the conflict.