Films

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to see Banshees of Inisheerin. Not bad but dear God it was depressing. Was a mistake bringing the pregnant wife along, she basically cried all the way through. I don't think I've ever seen a more depressing film in my life. Barry Keoghan stole the show though, he was excellent in his scenes.

We wanted to see it because we loved In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths (same director), this still had some of the amusing dialogue, but just way way more bleak and sad. Wouldn't recommend if you like leaving the cinema in a good mood.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The Banshees of Inisherin. The blackest of black comedies - bleak is an understatement.

Great performances all round and beautiful to look at, thoroughly recommended.

This, Gleason, Farrell and Keoghan all excellent, as are some of the others. Made us laugh in places, one scene in particular had us all laughing for about 5 minutes, but we all came away feeling pretty sombre at the end. Excellent film, although not quite in the same vein as other Mcdonagh films.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This, Gleason, Farrell and Keoghan all excellent, as are some of the others. Made us laugh in places, one scene in particular had us all laughing for about 5 minutes, but we all came away feeling pretty sombre at the end. Excellent film, although not quite in the same vein as other Mcdonagh films.
Saw this the other night. It was a beautifully made film, but despite the black humour was quite profoundly sad.
I don't watch a big volume of flicks, but I can't remember watching something where everybody was so bloody miserable.
Apart from the two stars, I thought that the siobhan part was really well played.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Watched In Bruges last night. Must be ten years since I saw it and had forgotten most of it. Absolutely loved it, the dialogue is brilliant. It's only on Netflix till the end of this month if you want to catch it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The latest Black Panther. Good in parts, it dragged in others. A stronger director could have cut 20-30 minutes without any loss to the film.

Too much sensitivity towards the real life actor dying took up too much of the film, imo.

The action stuff was good though. A decent follow up.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched Dune over the last couple of nights, looked great but what a bore fest. Lost me after the first hour and really didn’t know what was happening after that, seemed like a Marvel film but in slow motion ?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Under Siege 2 (Seagal on a train), followed by the tail end of Delta Force (Chuck Norris).
Whoever scheduled the TV program new that I am watching without the misses this evening.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to see 'Living'. Bill Nighy is utterly brilliant in it. Very moving and there's a couple of bits that will bring tear to your eye (and I always thought I was immune to 'moving' bits of cinema).

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Watched Dune over the last couple of nights, looked great but what a bore fest. Lost me after the first hour and really didn’t know what was happening after that, seemed like a Marvel film but in slow motion ?

Having read the book, it was paced brilliantly for me. The second installment will be the complete opposite a fast burner!