Films

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cinemas are back :D:D:D

Peter Rabbit 2 last night and it delivered. If you liked the first you will like this one. A cracking antidote to current times.

Release more films studios.................please

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Cinemas are back :D:D:D

Peter Rabbit 2 last night and it delivered. If you liked the first you will like this one. A cracking antidote to current times.

Release more films studios.................please

I'll beg to differ m'lud, t'was okay but no better than that for us.

But happy to agree with the release more films; especially "proper" films as opposed to animated ones, like the latest Bond & the new Top Gun.

And for the music fans, 10th of June Bon Jovi's concert is being live-streamed to cinemas. Got our tickets already. (y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll beg to differ m'lud, t'was okay but no better than that for us.

But happy to agree with the release more films; especially "proper" films as opposed to animated ones, like the latest Bond & the new Top Gun.

And for the music fans, 10th of June Bon Jovi's concert is being live-streamed to cinemas. Got our tickets already. (y)
After such a long time away perhaps I was overly forgiving. It gave me enough smiles and laughs though. The pig alone does it for me ? (my wife does say I have a silly/child like sense of humour so that helps)

Blue in Munich

Visit site
After such a long time away perhaps I was overly forgiving. It gave me enough smiles and laughs though. The pig alone does it for me ? (my wife does say I have a silly/child like sense of humour so that helps)

Happy enough to have seen it "for free" on our Limitless cards, wouldn't have been so happy at full price. Not a bad film, but seemed a little under the standard of the original for us.

D

Deleted member 16999

Rambo - Last Blood, not sure they should of bothered, they did however seem to come up with at least 10-15 new ways to kill people.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Nomadland. Not sure I was going to like it but enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. Not sure I'd have picked it as an Oscar winner but I can see why it got it.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
To be fair, I haven't seen it incidentally, what films came out this year? Not a huge amount of competition.

WINNER
NOMADLAND
Frances McDormand, Peter Spears, Mollye Asher, Dan Janvey and Chloé Zhao, Producers

NOMINEES
THE FATHER
David Parfitt, Jean-Louis Livi and Philippe Carcassonne, Producers

JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH
Shaka King, Charles D. King and Ryan Coogler, Producers

MANK
Ceán Chaffin, Eric Roth and Douglas Urbanski, Producers

MINARI
Christina Oh, Producer

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN
Ben Browning, Ashley Fox, Emerald Fennell and Josey McNamara, Producers

SOUND OF METAL
Bert Hamelinck and Sacha Ben Harroche, Producers

THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7
Marc Platt and Stuart Besser, Producers

Godson reckons The Sound of Metal was better but that may be an age thing, I can see why Nomadland might not appeal. The Trial of the Chicago 7 was good but I'd never consider it a Oscar nominee. Must watch Promising Young Woman.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
WINNER
NOMADLAND
Frances McDormand, Peter Spears, Mollye Asher, Dan Janvey and Chloé Zhao, Producers

NOMINEES
THE FATHER
David Parfitt, Jean-Louis Livi and Philippe Carcassonne, Producers

JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH
Shaka King, Charles D. King and Ryan Coogler, Producers

MANK
Ceán Chaffin, Eric Roth and Douglas Urbanski, Producers

MINARI
Christina Oh, Producer

PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN
Ben Browning, Ashley Fox, Emerald Fennell and Josey McNamara, Producers

SOUND OF METAL
Bert Hamelinck and Sacha Ben Harroche, Producers

THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7
Marc Platt and Stuart Besser, Producers

Godson reckons The Sound of Metal was better but that may be an age thing, I can see why Nomadland might not appeal. The Trial of the Chicago 7 was good but I'd never consider it a Oscar nominee. Must watch Promising Young Woman.
Sorry, I didn't mean literally although I appreciate the thoroughness ?. More a case of cinemas were shut, most films have been held back. The winner may be utterly valid but the numbers of releases are massively down in comparison to a standard year.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Peter rabbit 2

Silly adventure but was good to go back to cinema with the eldest

Bit long for her but we managed to sit it out