Films

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anybody seen Nomadland yet? I'm wondering what you thought of it.
It's an interesting film. Odd, even. Not heavily structured (though it does end up with a closure of sorts), so some might find it unsatisfying.
It is also in no hurry to apportion blame/judgement on why these things happen, either at the macro or personal level. I guess in doing so it encourages the audience to form its own opinions and to wonder how they might respond in similar circumstances.
It's impressive to look at. I wonder if watching it on a big screen would work better than a wide telly?

Randy (NLU, so a golfing tangent), found the protagonist deeply unsympathetic, and while I understand why I wasn't quite with him on that. She just seemed (unsurprisingly) troubled.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I Care a Lot (Amazon Prime). Rosamund Pike as a shyster making a fortune ripping off old folk who runs foul of Russian gangsters.

Really enjoyed this. Perfect for a wet bank holiday afternoon.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Without Remorse. Based on the Tom Clancy novel from 1993, which quite frankly is head and shoulders above the film.

Used to be a fan of the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan books, John Kelly (Clark) was always a cool character in the books, but not so much in what was just about an OK film. A stretch from the original story, wouldn't go out of my way for it.
We watched it as well. To me, it felt like they had cut a lot of pieces out of the film, as it seemed very dis-jointed & jumped about, so the story didn't make a great deal of sense

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Also watched Midnight Special - worth a watch imo. It sort of switches between one genre to another part way through and doesn't end up where you think it would go at the start.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another one here who watched Love and Monsters. Totally agree to the similarities to Zombieland almost to the extent that they took the basis of the same characters and just re-cast them with cheaper options. Still, a decent enough bank holiday watch.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im a big Will Ferrell fan, my two favourites are The new Eurovision film and "Blades of Glory" lol??
That Eurovision film was actually pretty funny. Good performance from Rachel McAdams I thought. I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not but Pierce Brosnan's wildly fluctuating accent was hilarious.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
A few posts about ants elsewhere had me searching the internet for some childhood memories, and then the roku box - resulting in watching:
Phase IV
?