Films

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Without Remorse. Based on the Tom Clancy novel from 1993, which quite frankly is head and shoulders above the film.

Used to be a fan of the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan books, John Kelly (Clark) was always a cool character in the books, but not so much in what was just about an OK film. A stretch from the original story, wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Without Remorse. Based on the Tom Clancy novel from 1993, which quite frankly is head and shoulders above the film.

Used to be a fan of the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan books, John Kelly (Clark) was always a cool character in the books, but not so much in what was just about an OK film. A stretch from the original story, wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Really good film

If you like the Tom Clancey stuff - Without Remorse is a good watch

need_my_wedge 1, Liverpoolphil 0. :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched Cosmic Sin

Rare bit of Sci Fi on sky cinema

Fairly good escapism but a bit shaky on why are they doing that and exactly what are they doing in the first place but I still enjoyed it. Good old Bruce Willis doing his tough man bit.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A rare thing this evening. Watched a film from start to finish and got very engrossed in it. Unhinged with Russell Crowe.

When did he get so fat?!

Has he ever been really slim or was it just an illusion. I can remember him in the Nice Guys and he was putting on then.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree Amanda, we did the same - Unhinged and then Promising Young Woman. Both very good, but felt Unhinged edged it.

Agreed. There was just something about his viciousness, without remorse, which was the same regardless of the victim which was weirdly captivating!

I'm still in shock that I haven't started 4 films and only finished 1 for two successive evenings :)