Films

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over a couple of nights I watched The Justice League directors cut. It showed very clearly why directors are not normally allowed this indulgence. Padded doesn't cover it.

One question for comic book officianado's, did DC copy, badly, every aspect of Marvel or did Marvel take DC and just do it better? So many similarities in that film to Marvel stories but just a very poor imitation.

Disagree, it was great, so much better than the one that came to cinema .. it's not a directors cut

It's because he had to step away from the film due to personal issues so it's what his movie would have been .

Have you seen the other? It's completely different .. this is darker .. better story telling.. how it should be

Marvel and DC been coping each other since the dawn of time

Darkside = thanos
Flash = quicksilver
Deathstroke = Deadpool
Green arrow = Hawkeye
Elongated Man = Mr. Fantastic
Atom = ant Man
Batman = iron man

Power wise these are basically the same

I prefer a lot of the DC ones but marvel make better films bar batman films in general

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Watched To Olivia on Saturday night, the story about Roald Dahl’s oldest daughter who died off measles.
A complex movie, judging by the story it’s something that he never got over, I thought there would be a bit more about his story writing as it was books I read growing up.
Definitely worth a watch in my opinion.
I watched this the other night. It was OK, but it didn't grab me and captured just a small window in the life of this extremely complicated (and at times not very nice) character.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Disagree, it was great, so much better than the one that came to cinema .. it's not a directors cut

It's because he had to step away from the film due to personal issues so it's what his movie would have been .

Have you seen the other? It's completely different .. this is darker .. better story telling.. how it should be

Darkside = thanos
Flash = quicksilver
Deathstroke = Deadpool
Green arrow = Hawkeye
Atom = ant Man
Batman = iron man

I prefer a lot of the DC ones but marvel make better films bar batman films in general
I had not seen the original so I can not compare. I can only go off what I saw and that was an awful lot of unnecessary nothing, that presumably hit the cutting room floor in the cinema version. Nearly 4 hours for a film.................

Ultimately it doesn't matter what I think, if you enjoyed it that is all that counts.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had not seen the original so I can not compare. I can only go off what I saw and that was an awful lot of unnecessary nothing, that presumably hit the cutting room floor in the cinema version. Nearly 4 hours for a film.................

Ultimately it doesn't matter what I think, if you enjoyed it that is all that counts.

There is a clip doing the rounds of the bank job comparing the two directors versions

Completely different it's awful

In the cinema one you got no back story from cyborg or flash you just were expected to accept them

The two green lantern nods were removed

Superman didn't Don the black suit

He had a tash that had to be CGI off due to contracts

This was the original version that they ruined with reshoots

Justice-League-Snyder.jpg
joss7-473x475.jpeg

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another great film tonight that I had not seen before. Disconnect, starring Jason Bateman. It is about several people's lives that are connected due to things originating on the Internet- don't like giving much plot away but definitely recommend this 2015 film

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Watched “Save Yourselves” last night, a story about how hopeless millennials are set against the backdrop of an Alien invasion.
Awful.
Cancelled sky cinema a month ago, finally goes of air today. It won’t be missed.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched “Save Yourselves” last night, a story about how hopeless millennials are set against the backdrop of an Alien invasion.
Awful.
Cancelled sky cinema a month ago, finally goes of air today. It won’t be missed.

Pretty much in the same position, Justice League saved it for a few weeks but there have been no new movie releases so there is not going to be anything new worth watching on Sky Cinema for the next 6 months or so as I cannot see Sky forking out the cash to buy in new release films that have had stalled cinema releases.

D

Deleted member 16999

Godzilla V Kong. Really enjoyed it, didn’t think I would, but it is a decent watch, excellent effects and easy going.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Darkside = thanos
Flash = quicksilver
Deathstroke = Deadpool
Green arrow = Hawkeye
Atom = ant Man
Batman = iron man

We've been advised to watch Batman Vs superman first and then the Josh Weeden version, but will it make any difference ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watched Gran Torino last night. 2008 Clint Eastwood film - acting and directed. I remember it being very good but would go further and say that this is a must watch - one of the best films ever even!! What a great performance

Big Clint fan since I was a boy, there are many to choose from but this is one of his absolute best films.

eddie_1878

Visit site
For those of you who are partial to podcasts I recommend ‘carpool critics’ & ‘the rewatchables’...they basically critique/review films but they offer a good mix of humour and analysis. Will come in handy during the spring cleaning ?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Rewatched The Departed today. First time out I didn't like it. I didn't like Jack Nickleson in it, I thought he hammed it up. I didn't like the plot, I didn't like how it worked out, and didn't get the hype.
Really enjoyed it today. Very good.