Films

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Red notice. They have changed the story and characters enough to make this a nonsense. I guess this way, it is cheaper to film, but, it's just not the same story.

sunshine

Visit site
Loved Coming to America, 30 or so years ago. We were thrilled to see the sequel on Amazon Prime and put it on last night.
Gave up after 15 minutes of cringing.

I stuck through it. Endured would be a better word. My wife gave up (more sense than me).

Only reason I watched it was to see who would turn up from the original. Turns out everyone. So it was the same characters doing the same jokes, plus clips from the original movie too. It wasn’t a sequel it was an homage to the original, totally pointless.

It reminded me of those Friends episodes which are just clips stitched together from previous series.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Zack Snyders’s Justice League.

A big improvement on the cinema version but at 4hrs he’s having a laugh. I reckon he could have done it in under 3 without compromising anything.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Escape from Pretoria; 'twas okay but from the fuss about it I was expecting more.

Is it just me or does anyone else tend to end up being a little underwhelmed by the Made for Sky/ Amazon exclusive/Netfix only films that are being churned out?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Zack Snyders’s Justice League.

A big improvement on the cinema version but at 4hrs he’s having a laugh. I reckon he could have done it in under 3 without compromising anything.

I really enjoyed it, amazing how different the 2 versions are.

I did not mind the 4 hours, actually thought the time passed pretty quickly. I guess part of it was because for a long time it was uncertain whether it would be released as a film or a mini series, hence the episodes. Still, was an interesting experiment that is unlikely to be repeated often outside of these unique times, to allow a director to complete his version of a film unhindered by Cinema run times.