Films

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
For all you Movie buffs out there, I've been steadily watching a couple of documentary series

Discovering Film - Leading movie experts celebrate the lives and work of some of the most prolific and iconic Hollywood stars.

The Directors - Take a closer look at the life and work of the masters of the big screen - the individuals behind the camera who have called the shots and crafted cinema experiences that have enthralled generations of moviegoers.

I've been going through both these for a while now and have really enjoyed. Also, a good pointer to some films to add to your watch list.
There also some other good ones like
Mark Kermode's Secrets of the Cinema
Sound of Cinema: The Music That Made the Movies

All make fascinating watching.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I really enjoyed it, amazing how different the 2 versions are.

I did not mind the 4 hours, actually thought the time passed pretty quickly. I guess part of it was because for a long time it was uncertain whether it would be released as a film or a mini series, hence the episodes. Still, was an interesting experiment that is unlikely to be repeated often outside of these unique times, to allow a director to complete his version of a film unhindered by Cinema run times.
I’m not saying it was a bad film, I enjoyed it the wider plot, background on the 2 new characters, I’m glad he made it and I’m glad I saw it. But the only thing in my life where I need to commit 4 hours to should be a round of golf.?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m not saying it was a bad film, I enjoyed it the wider plot, background on the 2 new characters, I’m glad he made it and I’m glad I saw it. But the only thing in my life where I need to commit 4 hours to should be a round of golf.?

At the moment anything that kills 4 hours is a welcome relief

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
We watched 'The War with Grandpa' with the kids last night. Starring Robert De Niro, Uma Thurman and Christopher Walked. All I will say is that it is a very very long way from The Godfather Part 2, Pulp Fiction or The Deer Hunter. A very long way.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watched it Friday night, was totally predictable, but was ok and the time.

also on Prime, watched the original version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night. Very good, can’t believe it’s taken me this long to see it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over a couple of nights I watched The Justice League directors cut. It showed very clearly why directors are not normally allowed this indulgence. Padded doesn't cover it.

One question for comic book officianado's, did DC copy, badly, every aspect of Marvel or did Marvel take DC and just do it better? So many similarities in that film to Marvel stories but just a very poor imitation.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over a couple of nights I watched The Justice League directors cut. It showed very clearly why directors are not normally allowed this indulgence. Padded doesn't cover it.

One question for comic book officianado's, did DC copy, badly, every aspect of Marvel or did Marvel take DC and just do it better? So many similarities in that film to Marvel stories but just a very poor imitation.

Was going to watch this last night but then told we needed to.watch barman vs superman first , so that'll be 7 hrs of film.to fit in then ?

RichA

Visit site
Finding Jack Charlton.
Stunning film. Best sports docu-movie I've seen. Might be in my top 10 overall.
If you've lost anyone to dementia it'll be a tough watch, but worthwhile.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Justice League, the long version. Saw it in one hit, really enjoyed it. Much better than the Hollywood cut.

The Tax Inspector. Shia LaBeouf drugs and gangland film. A bit meh and up itself.