Films

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
White Tiger. Young boy from an impoverished family makes his way in the world, using his cunning to end up a wealthy entrepreneur.

Really enjoyed this, despite some dark stuff. The portrayal of how the underclass are treated in India was shocking.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Coming 2 America. Not going to win any oscares but a reasonable, low budget stocking filler in the vain of (but no way as good as) the original. A 5.5 on IMDB sums it up - and worth watching given the dearth of alternatives atm
I saw this last night. I think you are being generous, very generous.

Couldn't agree more about death of alternatives. I'm desperate for cinemas to open, films to start flowing again. I'm currently 3 bad films on the trot ☹

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Couldn't agree more about death of alternatives. I'm desperate for cinemas to open, films to start flowing again. I'm currently 3 bad films on the trot ☹

If you want a good one, try Eye in the Sky, available to rent or buy on Prime Video. (y)

D

Deleted Member 1156

We watched Escape from Pretoria on Amazon last night. True story, very tense, good film!

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site

I have to agree with Lord Tyrion, thought it was poor with the best bits being the rehashed scenes from the first one.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have to agree with Lord Tyrion, thought it was poor with the best bits being the rehashed scenes from the first one.

not saying it was great at all but if you like the essense of the first i think it is worth watching - set expectations low and you may be pleasantly surprised in this barren world of amything new on the film front

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
not saying it was great at all but if you like the essense of the first i think it is worth watching - set expectations low and you may be pleasantly surprised in this barren world of amything new on the film front

I agree there is not much about of any real quality and I think I have watched more poor films recently than ever before, the best of the recent films I have seen are, Richard Jewell and The Dig.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Watched "News of the World" last night starring Tom Hanks (my most favouritist actor).
Pretty good film, although predictable, and you can almost taste the sweat and dirt of the period.
Fantastic cinematography and good acting all round.
Well worth a watch, especially if you're a Hanks fan.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Palmer with Justin Timberlake playing the lead, enjoyed it, thought it was all well done, it is similar to The Peanut Butter Falcon.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finally got round to watching Jojo Rabbit. Loved it. Had no idea what to expect in terms of tone of the film and it was just something very different, from laugh out loud funny to incredibly touching and all sorts in between.

Not been sleeping well during lockdown and so been going back through the Marvel films on Disney plus. Watched them all in timeline order, fitting in the 2 Spiderman films at the appropriate points (first one after Civil War, second one after the Wandavision series).

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also just about to ditch my Sky Cinema subscription. Mainly had it for the weekly big new release but I cannot see that there are going to be any top new films on there for at least 6 months, may be longer. I can think o perhaps 3 big name films that were released last year and I can rent those on the Sky Store if I need to. With what they charge for the service, Sky should really have been getting involved in buying releases that were destined for the Cinema but had releases delays but, instead, they are releasing all of their own produced films which have recently been average at best.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also just about to ditch my Sky Cinema subscription. Mainly had it for the weekly big new release but I cannot see that there are going to be any top new films on there for at least 6 months, may be longer. I can think o perhaps 3 big name films that were released last year and I can rent those on the Sky Store if I need to. With what they charge for the service, Sky should really have been getting involved in buying releases that were destined for the Cinema but had releases delays but, instead, they are releasing all of their own produced films which have recently been average at best.
We ditched it a while ago. If they have any decent films on, clearly none right now, then have a trial of NOW TV. You can stream sky movies and it is much cheaper. You usually get a cheap trial, cancel at the end and then they keep coming back with offers. We have never paid full price yet for it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We ditched it a while ago. If they have any decent films on, clearly none right now, then have a trial of NOW TV. You can stream sky movies and it is much cheaper. You usually get a cheap trial, cancel at the end and then they keep coming back with offers. We have never paid full price yet for it.

To be fair, not had mine that long and has been useful during lockdown but now it is just frustrating. Used to be able to see clearly through ads and the app what was coming up, now it is almost impossible to find the releases for the month, mainly because there is simply nothing of any merit. I have noticed that they have actually stalled the release of a few films that were due on before Xmas so as they had something to release in the early part of this year. As there is no deal in place at present, they should have cut a deal with HBO Max to get day one streaming of all Warner Brothers films. That would have given the Justice League Snyder cut and Kong V Godzilla over the next few weeks also and that would have been enough to keep me subscribed.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

Have NOW TV upgraded their picture quality? When we used their services previously it was SD... As we can get 4K from Prime and HD from Netflix picture quality from NOW was underwhelming...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have NOW TV upgraded their picture quality? When we used their services previously it was SD... As we can get 4K from Prime and HD from Netflix picture quality from NOW was underwhelming...
I don't know to be honest. Our tv is not good enough to be able to tell the difference, the internet coverage not good enough to get 4k from Prime. It's equivalent to Netflix, Amazon or Sky on our tv but I fully accept that may not be the same on a better one.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
White Tiger. Young boy from an impoverished family makes his way in the world, using his cunning to end up a wealthy entrepreneur.

Really enjoyed this, despite some dark stuff. The portrayal of how the underclass are treated in India was shocking.

I read the book a few years ago, it was superb. I'll give the film a watch (y)