film you would like to see a sequel made but never have

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Proper sequel to Aliens, the one Neill Blomkamp was going to make not the rubbish we have had ever since.

Aside from that, sequels to The Lost Boys and Near Dark would go down well. And a sequel to the mutch underated Dredd

There were two sequels to The Lost Boys, called The Tribe and The Thirst. Utter sheerhite straight to video fodder. The guy that played Alan Frog was in them and I think Corey Feldman reprised his Edgar Frog role in one of them.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
There were two sequels to The Lost Boys, called The Tribe and The Thirst. Utter sheerhite straight to video fodder. The guy that played Alan Frog was in them and I think Corey Feldman reprised his Edgar Frog role in one of them.
Never heard about them. Not surprised if they were straight to video.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
School of thought that says the 'film franchise industry' is ruining Cinema.

Ultimately if people have a successful film, they will be under huge pressure to make a second one because it is easier to market and more likely to be commercially successful - even if it is rubbish.
You could make another stand alone film, and even if it is good - no guarantee it will be successful.

Think you have to lay a lot of the blame with Fast and Furious, then Pirates of the Carribbean. Totally ridiculous number of films, squeezing every last drop out of a successful 1st film.

At any one time you could look at the cinema listings and see a fair chunk of the films as sequals or parts of a franchise. If you aren't into those franchises, you might find it tough to select a film. And even tougher to make the decision to go the following week. Especially if your cinema only has a few screens.
There are not only sequels in the cinema, there are also prequels, remakes and the odd spin off. Not much original martial makes it big.
I think they making another Avengers now, Dr Strange 2.

What I would like to see is the sequel of the Robin Hood prequel they did with Russel Crowe.