film you would like to see a sequel made but never have

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
im bored at work so just for fun what film would you like a sequel made .
My favourite film as a kid was willy wonka loved the chocolate room but they never did a follow up of how charlie ran the factory and what the oompa loompas got up to. i suppose the factory now a days would be shut down and all out of work. but felt let down as a kid that a follow up never happened. sad i know.
So just for fun what film would you like to see a sequel made not a remake. hate the newer version of wonka.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've racked my brain but pretty much every film I've loved has had a sequel follow it. There are quite a few I wish they hadn't made a sequel to but plenty have been good.

Great shout on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. There was a follow up book, I'm surprised that wasn't turned into a film. Agree about the remake, Jonny Depp was horrific in it.

Looking forward to seeing some suggestions.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Weird Science
Sixth Sense
Hot Fuzz
Braveheart
Trading Places
Groundhog Day
Castaway
Breakfast Club
ET

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
School of thought that says the 'film franchise industry' is ruining Cinema.

Ultimately if people have a successful film, they will be under huge pressure to make a second one because it is easier to market and more likely to be commercially successful - even if it is rubbish.
You could make another stand alone film, and even if it is good - no guarantee it will be successful.

Think you have to lay a lot of the blame with Fast and Furious, then Pirates of the Carribbean. Totally ridiculous number of films, squeezing every last drop out of a successful 1st film.

At any one time you could look at the cinema listings and see a fair chunk of the films as sequals or parts of a franchise. If you aren't into those franchises, you might find it tough to select a film. And even tougher to make the decision to go the following week. Especially if your cinema only has a few screens.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not a film as such, but there was a strange TV series on about 10 years ago called Pushing Daisies, like to see another series of that

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Proper sequel to Aliens, the one Neill Blomkamp was going to make not the rubbish we have had ever since.

Aside from that, sequels to The Lost Boys and Near Dark would go down well. And a sequel to the mutch underated Dredd

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
School of thought that says the 'film franchise industry' is ruining Cinema.

Ultimately if people have a successful film, they will be under huge pressure to make a second one because it is easier to market and more likely to be commercially successful - even if it is rubbish.
You could make another stand alone film, and even if it is good - no guarantee it will be successful.

Think you have to lay a lot of the blame with Fast and Furious, then Pirates of the Carribbean. Totally ridiculous number of films, squeezing every last drop out of a successful 1st film.

At any one time you could look at the cinema listings and see a fair chunk of the films as sequals or parts of a franchise. If you aren't into those franchises, you might find it tough to select a film. And even tougher to make the decision to go the following week. Especially if your cinema only has a few screens.
In my post I mentioned that my favourite films have sequels. This goes back a long way, Zulu / Zulu Dawn, The Magnificent Seven / Return of the Magnificent Seven, Star Wars Trilogy, the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, The Godfather 1 & 2 (we don't speak about 3). Sequels have become more common but they have been around for a very long time.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Heat
Interstellar
Watchmen
Shawshank
Dark City

Not a sequel but there is a Watchmen TV series coming.

No the characters have been integrated into the normal DC timeline, you never know another film could be possible.