favourite post round drink...?

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a junior golfer it was always pints of coke and packets of prawn cocktail crisps. Remember once having about 8 of each in quick succession after playing 3 rounds in a day (summers in Nairn...aaaah, the memories). Not surprisingly they re-introduced themselves to me very shortly afterwards.

Have to say though that the best I can remember was a half pint of ice cold Guinness and a half of ice cold Carlsberg immediately after playing Ballybunion in Ireland. I could have retired there and then. I was 21 !!

In the present weather it's a bowl of steaming hot soup!!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Love the junior banter John_Findlay - prawn cocktail crisps were defintely a favourite of mine - along with pint of lemonade and lime (which still rates highly!). Now it's a lager shandy (only place you can get away with what is a great drink!) - although in the summer a pint of pimms goes down pretty well, bit posh though i know!

JamieD3

Medal Winner
Visit site
At the moment it's a pint of Guinness but usually I'll have a pint of lager top.

Alcohol is crucial - it helps take away the pain of the golf

JamieD3

Medal Winner
Visit site
As a junior I used to eat about six bags of salt and vinegar crisp and a couple of pints of coke after a round. Healthy and nutritious!

The_Golfer

Club Champion
Visit site
In the summer (daytime) it is a pint of orange squash with ice, quickly followed by another. In the evenings it's a pint of lager with ice or cider with ice. At the moment it's the good old Guinness.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
This is bringing back some memories- as kids we always used to drink orange squash and soda water as we were to skint to buy orange juice and lemonade every day of the summer holidays!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
good thread!

I have a lot of time for pint of gunners, followed roughly 30 seconds later by a Guinness (winter) or lager (summer)

JustinHarvie

Visit site
I find a pint of lime and lemonade to be very refreshing, although if I've had a bad round then it would have to be a nice whiskey and a packet of peanuts (salted).

B

birdieman

A bag of sour grapes normally!
Anyway you shouldn't be boozin' post round you should be down the range ironing out all the flaws that prevented you shooting 3 under par earlier!
But seriously pint of Belhaven best is hard to beat, maybe a cold Guiness too.

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
A nice refreshing pint of belhaven best if I'm feeling rebellious and if I've not had any water during the round it's a pint of fresh orange and lemonade. That quenches the pallate big time! Food wise it's always nice to get a hand cooked all day breakfast ;-)