Farleigh Court Golf Club BANNED me from their driving range today!!

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm guessing there are plenty of PGA qualified coaches that also offer "day schools" for their students.

Our Pro offers an " ultimate day package" for £150 which includes a morning lesson, lunch and 18 holes but that's a bit different to a day of complete swing rebuild/changes hitting 100's of balls on a range.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Our Pro offers an " ultimate day package" for £150 which includes a morning lesson, lunch and 18 holes but that's a bit different to a day of complete swing rebuild/changes hitting 100's of balls on a range.

Let us hope it is not at the 6 hour round course as he would then be charging lower than the minimum wage.

Serious head on.............Yes that is a world of difference.

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only if you took up a lane while doing it or gave lessons while they were running lessons?
Taking up a lane doesn't matter as you've paid for the use of that lane.

So for instance a dad teaching his son to swim should be kicked out if a lesson is going on elsewhere in the pool? I appreciate its not the same situation but you are paying to use the pool so how you use it is upto you. Unless you pee in it of course.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Taking up a lane doesn't matter as you've paid for the use of that lane.

So for instance a dad teaching his son to swim should be kicked out if a lesson is going on elsewhere in the pool? I appreciate its not the same situation but you are paying to use the pool so how you use it is upto you. Unless you pee in it of course.

i would not say you have paid for exclusive use of the lane just just the use the same as everyone else, i dont ecpect the other people using the range stayed there for 9 hours!!!

and its not father and son, or mother and daughter, its two guys who don't know each other apart from on golf forum;)

at the end of the day, its there range, their:ears: rules

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i would not say you have paid for exclusive use of the lane just just the use the same as everyone else, i dont ecpect the other people using the range stayed there for 9 hours!!!

and its not father and son, or mother and daughter, its two guys who don't know each other apart from on golf forum;)

It was you who brought lanes into it, I assume to compare it to using a bay somehow. I should have just said it was stupid instead of trying to continue using the lane comparison. The length of time spent using the range also immaterial as long as they were hitting balls and nobody was having to wait for the bay.

I also said the father son thing wasn't the same situation but the underlying principle remains the same.

We can at least agree that its there range so there rules but since when should that stop a debate about whether you agree with or not?

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site

One of our pros does something like this too. Similar sort of price I think.

They have obviously taken offence so time to make a decision. A) phone them or go in person and talk it through and see what happens. B) find a different range and approach them and be upfront about what you are doing and find one that doesn't mind.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I would suggest that when you use the Range you are purchasing balls to hit in a bay. Your act of purchasing balls and them supplying them and the bay forms a contract between you both. The range may have rules on how their facilities are used and under normal business operations these are set out in their 'terms and conditions' which should be available to read. There may also be notices outlining certain 'rules' like: 'No Coaching' 'Only hit balls off the matts provided' 'No mobile phones to be used on the range' etc.

In my opinion if the Range wants to prohibit anyone else from coaching they should make it clear so that anyone like James who is helping a mate FOC can understand it's not allowed. They (as customers) should not have to suffer the Pro treating them rudely in what sounds an unprofessional manner.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Does this not boil down to the fact that if you were getting a new boiler fitted would you use a Corgi registered heating engineer.

OR

Some nice unqualified bloke you met down the pub last week who said he would do it for free as a favour.

Er.. No!

Only a Gase Safe (previously Corgi) registered/qualified engineeer can carry a Boiler/Gas work. There's no requirement to be qualified in any way to give Golf Lessons - especially if free!