FAO Whisky Drinkers

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm in the market for a good bottle of whisky.

Anything up to about £40 I think.

Usually sup basic Glenmorange/Glenfidich but want to get something the level above.

Recommendations appreciated!

B

birdieman

Can't go wrong with a Macallan single malt. 18 yo sherry cask one cost £74 though!

T

thecraw

For that price you will get a nice Glenlivet. Thats a fabulous whisky. Jura is also a nice malt but I can only palet one or two.

I like alot of the Speyside malts as well but make sure you shop around as they can vary in price vastly.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
After many years of drinking wisky, i have just discovered this little beauty. The Glenrothes Select Reserve, a Speyside single malt with a character of ripe fruits, citrus, vanilla and hints of spice. Around £33 for a 700ml bottle it is highly recommended.
http://www.theglenrothes.com/uk/

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
When my kids were wee, many years ago, they drank a lot of apple juice. One winter's day, I had been working outside and when I came in there was a "boozy" smell in the kitchen. This puzzled me as I couldn't place it.
Later that day at tea time I asked my boys if they wanted apple juice to drink with their tea. The oldest one, who was about six at the time, said, "Yes, but not the stuff from the glass bottle."
The penny dropped, he had mistaken my Highland Park for apple juice, poured himself a half-pint tumbler full, tried it, hated it, and poured the rest of it down the sink! At about £40 a bottle, I've never forgiven him! :mad:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not a regular whisky drinker and I've got unopened bottles of :-

Glenfiddich Special Reserve
Famous Grouse Vintage 1989
Macallan 10 year old
Macallan 10 year old matured in sherry wood

Are these reasonable brands?

Also, what's the best mixer? Dry ginger, lemonade, soda water, ???? ( :D :D :D Just kidding guys. Please don't excommunicate me, or worse)

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not a regular whisky drinker and I've got unopened bottles of :-

Glenfiddich Special Reserve
Famous Grouse Vintage 1989
Macallan 10 year old
Macallan 10 year old matured in sherry wood

Are these reasonable brands?

Also, what's the best mixer? Dry ginger, lemonade, soda water, ???? ( :D :D :D Just kidding guys. Please don't excommunicate me, or worse)

Hi Leftie,
To answer your question, none of them are any good. In fact as a favour, I will offer to take them off your hands for free. ;)

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Clive, I cant stand back and watch you sacrifice yourself without any one offering to share the burden .. I will give you honners !!!!!
Now now, this is my thread, therefore I get first refusal, have you guys not read the forum rules...

:D