Artificial Lawn Brush / Sweeper

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just seeing if anyone can offer any advice on this. We have moved into a house that had an artificial lawn but basically whoever put it down made a bodge of it. No drainage, plastic sheeting underneath. So we had it replaced with the work done properly and now I want to maintain it. One of the recommendations was to get a powered lawn brush/sweeper. I've tried doing it with the correct type of brush but it's very labour intensive so I want to go to a powered one.
Has anyone done that, and if so, do you have any recommendations of what you have used/purchased? Anything good/bad/indifferent?
Thanks in advance.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seeing if anyone can offer any advice on this. We have moved into a house that had an artificial lawn but basically whoever put it down made a bodge of it. No drainage, plastic sheeting underneath. So we had it replaced with the work done properly and now I want to maintain it. One of the recommendations was to get a powered lawn brush/sweeper. I've tried doing it with the correct type of brush but it's very labour intensive so I want to go to a powered one.
Has anyone done that, and if so, do you have any recommendations of what you have used/purchased? Anything good/bad/indifferent?
Thanks in advance.

All I do with ours is occasionally brush it with a normal broom

But best thing to get our dirt etc is just a simple pressure hose

Reactions: AAC

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
All I do with ours is occasionally brush it with a normal broom

But best thing to get our dirt etc is just a simple pressure hose
I could use a pressure hose, but sand is also in the grass that I have been told keeps the grass upright. I want to remove the debris without picking up all the sand. And I don't want to spend hours brushing the grass manually.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I could use a pressure hose, but sand is also in the grass that I have been told keeps the grass upright. I want to remove the debris without picking up all the sand. And I don't want to spend hours brushing the grass manually.

Have to admit I don't sand ours, it's not the type that needs sand , we have had it 7 years now and was told didn't need sanding so never have

Still looks good 👍

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have to admit I don't sand ours, it's not the type that needs sand , we have had it 7 years now and was told didn't need sanding so never have

Still looks good 👍

Same here. Occasional blast with a hose and that's mainly because Daisy pees on it!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ryobi do one as part of their One plus range, https://uk.ryobitools.eu/garden-tools/garden-cleaning-tools/patio-cleaners/pc18pcb/ry18pcb-120/
Im thinking of getting it to use on my artificial grass at the front of the house (its only a small 20sq m half moon shape beside the driveway really) but I think I can also use it to help sweep my rear decking too.
Video here, starts around 1m50s talking about the softer brush available, might see a kit crop up on ebay or the likes for a little less.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bizarre as it sounds, I occasionally hoover mine! And I also use a leaf blower.

You can also get artificial grass cleaner which I apply using a snow-foam lance via a pressure washer. Applies it in secs, rather than mins.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve got the Hyundai lawn sweeper. Does the job efficiently. All debris neatly collected up.
lifts the grass to look like it was when it was laid. We have 2 dogs and the collection box has loads of dog hair in it when finished.
Only one small problem is our grass butts up against next door garage. Brush leaves about 4“ of grass unntouched as can’t get any nearer, so have to manually do with a brush.

Last edited:

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bizarre as it sounds, I occasionally hoover mine! And I also use a leaf blower.

You can also get artificial grass cleaner which I apply using a snow-foam lance via a pressure washer. Applies it in secs, rather than mins.

In our previous house we had artificial grass and I used to hoover it. They guy who installed it said it was the best way although ours wasn’t a huge garden!!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
In our previous house we had artificial grass and I used to hoover it. They guy who installed it said it was the best way although ours wasn’t a huge garden!!
That’s what I usually do.
I did once hire a power brush but it wasn't much good, I returned it an hour later and got a refund.
There's a local company that advertise they clean and restore artifical grass.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Probably not suitable for an artificial lawn but I recently bought this big boy for my paths.
It has certainly made my life a lot easier,