Anti digging dog fence

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a regular cocker spaniel and there are two parts of our garden where she tries digging a hole under the fence. She gets so far but then the ground gets hard and the progress stalls. We just push the soil back, compact it, and then the game starts again. Dogs like to dig, it's what they do.

Some good suggestions above.

Could be a spaniel thing. My mate has one that constantly escapes and appears in the local pub. Holly has been over the fences, under the fences, probably through as well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could be a spaniel thing. My mate has one that constantly escapes and appears in the local pub. Holly has been over the fences, under the fences, probably through as well.
She obviously feels very at home there, does your mate feel snitched on when this happens :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He is not always there. Not unusual for one of us to call him from the pub to let him know that Holly is sat at the bar next to us.
I love that. Well behaved dogs in pubs just make me smile for some reason. There is something quintessentially British about that image. (I'm now hoping that the dog doesn't have a drink problem :oops:)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love that. Well behaved dogs in pubs just make me smile for some reason. There is something quintessentially British about that image. (I'm now hoping that the dog doesn't have a drink problem :oops:)

No but she never gets a round in. Having lived most my life in villages, I think all of pubs have been dog friendly with a number of regulars that would sleep happily under a bar stool whilst being chucked the occasional treat.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Every time I scroll quickly through the board I have to do a double take over the title of this thread, having asked myself why anyone would want an anti dogging fence.

My eyes are not what they used to be.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
our pointer is a digger, but never tried to dig his way out of the garden, he uses the gate?
My Staffy never dug, but to get back into the garden after going after an attempted burglar over the 6ft high close boarded fence, he ripped the bottom of the close boarded side gate out so he could walk back into the garden..
I dread to think what the burglar thought with 23.5 kg of Staffy following him over the fence.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My Staffy never dug, but to get back into the garden after going after an attempted burglar over the 6ft high close boarded fence, he ripped the bottom of the close boarded side gate out so he could walk back into the garden..
I dread to think what the burglar thought with 23.5 kg of Staffy following him over the fence.
Rupert if he gets in the front garden, gets on his hind let's and hits the latch on the metal gates, he did the same to the wooden gate until I stuck two dead bolts on it. Baldrick just jumped the hedge and fence.