Car Suggestions

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
We were looking last year and tried loads, inclyding all the kind yiure looking at, crv, x5, a5, a6, a4, 5 series etc.

Ended up with a new mondeo titanium, 2.0 litre diesel. It is top drawer. Feels like a limo to drive but goes like smelly stuff off a shovel. 6 speed aswell so good on fuel. Boot is huge and finance was really good rate.

Biased as i own one but would highly recommend it. All the toys, comfort, performance etc as you get with the big names but much, much cheaper.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
We were looking last year and tried loads, inclyding all the kind yiure looking at, crv, x5, a5, a6, a4, 5 series etc.

Ended up with a new mondeo titanium, 2.0 litre diesel. It is top drawer. Feels like a limo to drive but goes like smelly stuff off a shovel. 6 speed aswell so good on fuel. Boot is huge and finance was really good rate.

Biased as i own one but would highly recommend it. All the toys, comfort, performance etc as you get with the big names but much, much cheaper.

I've heard good things about the new Mondeo's. I'd have to get a top spec one with all the toys if I got one, but it's definitely on the list. I like the look of them.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

I've heard good things about the new Mondeo's. I'd have to get a top spec one with all the toys if I got one, but it's definitely on the

list. I like the look of them.

The titanium, or titanium x (cant remember) has all the toys. I may be wrong but i think its the top spec one. Ours has sat nav, cruise control, electric heated seats, sony dab radio, climate control and even parking sensors for the good lady :)....

I wasnt sure about them, hence looking at so many others, but am very happy with it.

T

thecraw

I would have taken a Mondeo TDi (new shape 07 onwards) in an instant but couldn't find one in my price range without 150k plus on the clock.

I ended up with a Mazda 6 which is ideal, great to drive, big enough for me and the weans and also a great sized boot.

DCB

Visit site
Had a Mondeo as a companty car which was changed after only 74K miles. Engine was fine, but there were enough rattles and knocks to put me off having another one.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would have taken a Mondeo TDi (new shape 07 onwards) in an instant but couldn't find one in my price range without 150k plus on the clock.

I ended up with a Mazda 6 which is ideal, great to drive, big enough for me and the weans and also a great sized boot.

Oh yea, forgot about the Mazda 6. Some of them look a bit rubs, but the "sport" themed ones are rather nice if I remember rightly.

And I see what you mean about the Mondeo's. All the ones under 10k have ALOT of miles on them! I might have to up the budget slightly. Bah!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is it you that has the silly yellow Leon?

If so, I would love it, and it would be in the mix....if it wasn't yellow. I don't care, but the Mrs. won't drive a yellow car! :D

Silly? SILLY!!

I've never been so insu... oh ok. :D

My kids (both mid teens at the time) thought that as well, but they love it as much as me now.

I suppose it's an acquired taste.

Cupra2007small.jpg

It wasn't really a serious suggestion because of 30mpg, 199co2's, insurance group 18 (under the old system) and you wouldn't get more than 2 sets (woods out!) in the boot without folding the back seats down.

Wouldn't put you off anything VW/Seat/Skoda though. This is my second and they've both been faultless.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it you that has the silly yellow Leon?

If so, I would love it, and it would be in the mix....if it wasn't yellow. I don't care, but the Mrs. won't drive a yellow car! :D

Silly? SILLY!!

I've never been so insu... oh ok. :D

My kids (both mid teens at the time) thought that as well, but they love it as much as me now.

I suppose it's an acquired taste.

Cupra2007small.jpg

It wasn't really a serious suggestion because of 30mpg, 199co2's, insurance group 18 (under the old system) and you wouldn't get more than 2 sets (woods out!) in the boot without folding the back seats down.

Wouldn't put you off anything VW/Seat/Skoda though. This is my second and they've both been faultless.

You're preaching to the choir mate! My Seat has been a great workhorse and has the old Leon FR engine in so it goes like stink (not as much any more, but still quick enough)...And I would love another Seat but the Leon is too small. I would have yours in a heartbeat. I used to own a yellow car, so have no bones with them! Yours is bloody lovely!

I would hesistate to get a VW because the mileage is usually ridiculously high on 2nd hand cars and you don't get as much bang for your buck as you do with Skoda or SEAT. If the Exeo didn't look like a 6 year old had re-designed an A4 to make it, I'd have one of those to replace mine.

I'm swaying towards the Mazda at the minute!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Skoda Superb is another I've been looking at. Big spec but have no idea how big the boot is yet.

Silly name though.

Superb's are HUGE. No problem with boot space on them, rest assured.

Like you say, ridiculous name though!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ive worked with vw for 24 year (in ireland so cant look after ya but) for resale value the new passat is your man always holds its value .. if you going to drive it for round 10 yr or so this is not an issue . best value car over here is skoda superb mate , brilliant car , vw technology but you dont pay the extra for the symbol.. there are 2 options for opening the boot , 1 opens like a saloon car just the boot lid but use the other option & it opens like a hatch , glass & all goes up. masive boot space . massive passenger space for front & rear passengers .. go test drive 1 you wont be dissapointed ..

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Skoda Superb is another I've been looking at. Big spec but have no idea how big the boot is yet.

Silly name though.

Superb's are HUGE. No problem with boot space on them, rest assured.

Like you say, ridiculous name though!
disagree guys i think its the most aptly named car in the world they are superb by name & nature , trust me im in the car business (ha ha contradiction or what)

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Aztec, my old man was anti Skoda until he drove an Octavia my sister had bought. He now owns a Skoda Octavia Estate L&K auto, absolutely lovely to drive and more boot space than the Passat but about £5k cheaper.
Previously he has a Honda Civic which is now my pleasure to drive