/user/AndyWright21/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0559_zps0707ccc2.jpg.html]
DSC_0559_zps0707ccc2.jpg
[/URL]

/user/AndyWright21/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0556_zps62e27de9.jpg.html]
DSC_0556_zps62e27de9.jpg
[/URL]

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm guessing the head covers and shafts are different on the driver in terms of look ? The tuned distance on the head cover and the white bit at the bottom of the shaft ? Are they on the real clubs as well ?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing the head covers and shafts are different on the driver in terms of look ? The tuned distance on the head cover and the white bit at the bottom of the shaft ? Are they on the real clubs as well ?

The white at the bottom of the shaft is the sticker phil.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm confused

you have shown pics of your clubs, but what is it that suggests they are 'fake'?

forget the Chinese invoice, that only suggests a far eastern source and has nothing to do with whether they are fake in itself. i suspect they are made in China anyway!

previously glaring evidence of a fake can be established from - whether the the hosel and weight adjustments work; most fakes simply don't manufacture either of these as functional.

When you compare the clubs to new its easier to tell that the ones i got are not genuine.

The adjustablity works fine but the 'Std' markings do not line up with the line on the hosel. Also, the heads are bigger on mine and the grooves are deeper. There is an alignment line on the back of the heads on mine (thats on the driver) but on the fairways i checked in a pro shop there are no alignment lines.

D

Deleted member 15344

The stickers and labels look legit. But there are a number of differences to genuine models that ive just posted in reply to Duncan.

Shame really, the clubs really do look good enough to hit!!

Hope you get them sorted :thup:

Is the reason why I never buy clubs from Flea bay - in fact don't think I have ever bought a club online

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
When you compare the clubs to new its easier to tell that the ones i got are not genuine.

The adjustablity works fine but the 'Std' markings do not line up with the line on the hosel. Also, the heads are bigger on mine and the grooves are deeper. There is an alignment line on the back of the heads on mine (thats on the driver) but on the fairways i checked in a pro shop there are no alignment lines.

thanks - as said it's very rare for fakes to be manufactured with working adjustability or weighting; there's simply no margin in it for them.

fwiw there are 10 versions of the SLDR and 7 versions of the SLDR mini drivers registered on the USGA/R&A conforming drivers list!

anyhow, it's an academic argument; you will establish the full story of your clubs in due course.