Fair to be annoyed at groups teeing off late?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Same here. One ball landing in my vicinity can be considered a mistake and will result in some arm waving and a quiet word if the opportunity presents itself. A second incident will result in a missing or maybe a polite message left on the offending ball. I’ve never had a third fired at me.

I’ve always found teeing one up to be polite enough way of saying it was too bloody close.

RichA

Visit site
Same here. One ball landing in my vicinity can be considered a mistake and will result in some arm waving and a quiet word if the opportunity presents itself. A second incident will result in a missing or maybe a polite message left on the offending ball. I’ve never had a third fired at me.
Sometimes those kind of shots get plugged pretty badly.

fat80b

Hacker
Visit site
I think we need a bit more information. - Was there a group in front that teed off in their tee time? or had they just created a gap at their tee time by being late?

I have been "on-time" (i.e. 5 mins early or so) only to find that there are group(s) not yet teed off who were also on time for their slot, and a group only just on the fairway of the first so it's not like they can tee off anyway.
At this point the whole thing is running late and there isn't much that can be done about the situation - i.e. everyone is keeping up with the group in front and teeing off as soon as it is safe to do so.

If on the otherhand they were responsible for creating the gap in the first place, then they should probably wait for the next free slot and not disrupt everyone else who had the courtesy to be ready to tee off at their allotted time.