Facemasks in the pro shop?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We book via BRS, and need to go into the pro shop to register before starting, and to pay comp fees.

Will be interesting to see if we are told to wear a mask when we pop in there.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
We book via BRS, and need to go into the pro shop to register before starting, and to pay comp fees.

Will be interesting to see if we are told to wear a mask when we pop in there.

I'd hope so. its easier to just say 'when in shops' rather than having shop-owners/diff trades try to decide if the activity within the shop is sufficient to determine if a mask is worn (it'd just lead to folk wondering if a mask is needed when using argos click and collect because the actual shopping bit was done online etc)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Remember that it's not masks that will be compulsory - its face coverings. So even if its only a for few seconds that you need to pop in, there'll be more than one way to skin the cat.

Alternatively, I'll just holler through the door & tell him to take it off my account. (When we restarted, i topped up my account by a couple of hundred quid, so that I'd not need to effect any transactions for the foreseeable ...)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Remember that it's not masks that will be compulsory - its face coverings. So even if its only a for few seconds that you need to pop in, there'll be more than one way to skin the cat.

Alternatively, I'll just holler through the door & tell him to take it off my account. (When we restarted, i topped up my account by a couple of hundred quid, so that I'd not need to effect any transactions for the foreseeable ...)

Yes - should have said, it's face coverings. So if you have a scarf or snood - that would suffice just to register in the shop.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had the same thoughts yesterday not just about the pro shop but also the lounge.

Mind you with the amount of bandits in a golf club I thought a lot should be wearing a mask all the time.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'd hope so. its easier to just say 'when in shops' rather than having shop-owners/diff trades try to decide if the activity within the shop is sufficient to determine if a mask is worn (it'd just lead to folk wondering if a mask is needed when using argos click and collect because the actual shopping bit was done online etc)

I've never worn one, but have bowed to the inevitable, and shoved one in the car to use when I go shopping tomorrow. Best get used to it now.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm interested to see what happens, I'll gladly just throw a mask on however ours isn't a pro shop it's a club reception so I'd guess they won't require a mask

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I've never worn one, but have bowed to the inevitable, and shoved one in the car to use when I go shopping tomorrow. Best get used to it now.

No doubt there's an adjustment but you'll quickly get into the swing of it

Sitting in the office right now I have 2 on my desk, 2 more in the car parked outside & 1 in my lunch-bag + unused new ones for visitors &/or staff that come to work & don't bring their own
So there's always one to hand when the need/requirement arises

Also got 2 in the dish i keep keys in near my front door ready to grab on the way out as well as 1 or 2 in the golf bag plus others in a drawer ready to replace these and a couple in the wash

I'm probably going a bit OTT with it though

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes - should have said, it's face coverings. So if you have a scarf or snood - that would suffice just to register in the shop.
Is it really that cold north of the border that you are still wearing scarves and snoods in July? A face mask is far smaller, lighter and easier. ;)

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I can’t believe the amount of people complaining about having to wear one.
I would rather wear one (as I currently do when I go into peoples homes) than die or be the cause of someone dieing of the virus.Is it not just selfishness by protesting and complaining about it?

We have enough people in governments telling us what to do already!

My proshop requires one, it is a shop in Scotland. They provide them but I have just been using a lightweight snood for quick trips into shops.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We have enough people in governments telling us what to do already!

My proshop requires one, it is a shop in Scotland. They provide them but I have just been using a lightweight snood for quick trips into shops.
The virus coudn't give a stuff about who gives the orders, or peoples personal freedom. This is to do with public safety, personal protection and consideration for others.
I've been wearing a mask going into shops before it was mandatory and frankly it's depressing how few people do. We also wear gloves and sanitise everything we have bought before it goes into the cupboard or fridge.
IMHO this should have been in place long ago. We were shopping yesterday and whilst most people were wearing masks, some still couldn't do the social distancing, or thought it didn't matter as they were wearing masks! :mad:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I can’t believe the amount of people complaining about having to wear one.
I would rather wear one (as I currently do when I go into peoples homes) than die or be the cause of someone dieing of the virus.Is it not just selfishness by protesting and complaining about it?

No, I don't think it is. I find that the one size masks don't actually fit all and are claustrophobic, so I understand people not wanting to wear them. I also wonder why, when the deaths have dropped below the national average for this time of year, we are now being asked to wear them? We've had them on public transport for a while; if they were that important why not earlier and why wait to the 24th? I'd be interested to see the scientific reasoning behind having them now, when the death rate has lowered so much without them, rather than the political point scoring reasons. I think you might find that's where some of the issues are coming from, not selfishness.

The biggest issue with everyone wearing them is you will no longer easily recognise those shoppers with no concept of social distancing whatsoever, as before the 24th they were the ones wearing the masks.