Evnroll Putters

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Evening all, any Evnroll putter users out there? If so, does the performance live up to the hype? I’m considering a new blade style putter and Evnroll is on the shortlist.

Cheers

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got one. I love it but it's pretty much impossible to say if performs better than another putter or not. The gravity grip feels really nice and seems to keep it balanced nicely. I think the groove tech seems to work as my toe and heel strikes are not always as dreadful as you'd maybe expect.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Much as Orikoru posted. I have one and really like it, hard to tell if it works because of the design but it certainly has been a good putter for me

D

Deleted member 1740

I've got 2 of them and i love them.

I've got the Original ER1 Anser style and i have the ER2B which is slightly smaller head but wider back in all black with the gravity grip.

I would definitely reccommend an Evnroll.

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
The groves work but I'm the same as a few other people have said that I struggled putting from distance.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Putting is so very personal.
I’d go to somewhere with a SAM set up who carries multiple brands.

I went to one with Evnroll in the forefront of my mind, ended up with a Seemore, now superseded by a Ping.

It’s like Harry Potter, let the putter choose you, you will know when it works ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Putting is so very personal.
I’d go to somewhere with a SAM set up who carries multiple brands.

I went to one with Evnroll in the forefront of my mind, ended up with a Seemore, now superseded by a Ping.

It’s like Harry Potter, let the putter choose you, you will know when it works ?
That Seemore only chose you because nobody else could look at it without throwing up..

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another long term Evnroll user and fan here.
There were plenty of testing with robots etc. demonstrating the effectiveness of the groove technology.
I'm sure there must be some stuff on YouTube.

I've got the ER2 and was lucky enough to find one with a 385gm head which suits me perfectly.
I think they discontinued this weight shortly after launch and left only the 370gm option.

Mandofred

Visit site
I have the ER2, without gravity grip. The pro shop had this putter a couple of months ago and I'd been putting like crap....tried a few different putters on the practice green and just went brain-dead and bought the ER2. I would love to try the gravity grip. The ER2 kicked my Odyssey Ten out of the bag.....and that had kicked the Ping Fetch out.....which had kicked the Odyssey Fang (7) out...etc etc etc. I bought some lead tape a while back with the intention of experimenting with a heavier head but the tape wouldn't stick to the metal.....

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What advantage does the gravity grip give?
I’ve had an ER2 for about 18 months now and love it but I’ve been putting rubbish lately. I went back to my Ping Blade for the last couple of rounds and nailed on some cracking putts ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve had an ER2 for about 18 months now and love it but I’ve been putting rubbish lately. I went back to my Ping Blade for the last couple of rounds and nailed on some cracking putts ?
I think there's more weight on the underneath side, which is meant to help keep the face square or something, since the weight is more under the shaft to stop it turning. Not 100% sure but I like the feel of the grip either way.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Give me a heads up when it goes on ebay ?

Joking apart, I think they are pretty much a risk free putter. They hold their value so well.

Platypus

Visit site
I've had an Evnroll for a couple of years and really love it.
It's the ER5 so a mallet and therefore not quite the same as you are looking at, but still...
I think the tech probably has a beneficial effect, but the main thing is that my putting has improved since I got it.
I'm not claiming any miracles and can still hit the dreaded three-putt, but I feel more confident using it.

peld

Visit site
I have an ER2 and really like it. Feels nicely balanced with the gravity grip and been putting well recently.

If I had one criticism i'd like the face to be hotter - i tend to underhit a lot of putts (but im sure thats 90% me), but that could be the grooves counteracting a poor strike.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have an ER2 and really like it. Feels nicely balanced with the gravity grip and been putting well recently.

If I had one criticism i'd like the face to be hotter - i tend to underhit a lot of putts (but im sure thats 90% me), but that could be the grooves counteracting a poor strike.
IIRC the way they say they get a consistent distance on off-centre strikes is to reduce the hotness of the sweet spot rather than increase the hotness of the edges.

It's probably the one thing that has put me off trying them as a big fault I had before my current putter was leaving things short. Just can't bring myself to hit the ball hard enough on slowish greens.