EvnRoll putters

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
Any users of the EvnRoll ER2 mid blade out there?

Gearing up for a new putter purchase and thought these looked nice. Not heard much about the brand and certainly never had a roll with one so wondered if any forum people had feedback on them?

I like a relatively soft feel to the putter and have a very slight arc so the mid blade seemed to be the type of model that would suit.
thanks all

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is mad hype over these and how great they are. I would love one myself, but I really like the putter I've had for the past 3.5 years so can't really justify changing it. Apparently the grooves on the milled face mean that if you hit out of the toe or heel it still rolls the same distance and holds pretty straight.

I do find it strange though that for the amount of hype and good reviews they get, I can't think of a single tour pro who uses an EvnRoll putter? Might be wrong but it certainly isn't many. Not sure why that is.

Sekiro

Visit site
I‘m pretty sure either Rick Shiels or Peter Finch use the ER2 (I’ve watched that much golf YouTube in the last week I can’t recall which), it’s possible that both of them are using an EvnRoll, there should be some YouTube reviews of it that are worth a watch.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Any users of the EvnRoll ER2 mid blade out there?

Gearing up for a new putter purchase and thought these looked nice. Not heard much about the brand and certainly never had a roll with one so wondered if any forum people had feedback on them?

I like a relatively soft feel to the putter and have a very slight arc so the mid blade seemed to be the type of model that would suit.
thanks all
I really like them too. But had a full on 2 hour putting lesson / potential fitting with someone who sells them, and knew I fancied one. He wouldn’t sell it me as he said it wouldn’t give me any advantage over the Odyssey I was already using!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is mad hype over these and how great they are. I would love one myself, but I really like the putter I've had for the past 3.5 years so can't really justify changing it. Apparently the grooves on the milled face mean that if you hit out of the toe or heel it still rolls the same distance and holds pretty straight.

I do find it strange though that for the amount of hype and good reviews they get, I can't think of a single tour pro who uses an EvnRoll putter? Might be wrong but it certainly isn't many. Not sure why that is.

Because theyre not chucking big contracts to pros to play them (and most of the pros already have a one brand contract anyway which dictates who makes the putter they use)

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks all - not many places around stock them so finding it tough to get somewhere to have a roll with one....especially in current climate. That and a Toulon my favourites at the moment - their Las Vegas h7 is like the famous #7 but with a bit of toe hang. But as someone said, you don’t see many even rolls in bags at all...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because theyre not chucking big contracts to pros to play them (and most of the pros already have a one brand contract anyway which dictates who makes the putter they use)
You'd think there would be a handful though who are playing them. Quite a few players aren't tying themselves to one brand these days, or it's a 10 club deal. I'm a bit surprised there's not even one pro using them that's all. Like SeeMore has Zach Johnson for example.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You'd think there would be a handful though who are playing them. Quite a few players aren't tying themselves to one brand these days, or it's a 10 club deal. I'm a bit surprised there's not even one pro using them that's all. Like SeeMore has Zach Johnson for example.

theyve no tour van out there every week, no rep offering them 10 putters to try when theyre fishing for a new one. one of the tour pros would have to actively go and seek them out and not have the ability for other options week in week out, minor modifications to be made etc. going to have to offer something really over and above what else is out there for the pro to give the benefits of the main OEMS out on tour up

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Do pros need the help it offers? If you're hitting it out of the sweetspot everytime I wouldn't have thought so.
Having said that I love mine :ROFLMAO:

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
They look like things of beauty, whether they holes more putts is another thing?

Regarding the price they're still less than a lot of new drivers and get used on every hole at least once, twice .... ?

GBC

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yup. i have an ER2 Black. Love it. Helps I was fit for it, so lie angle, length, loft etc are good for me.

feels mint off the face, but isn’t the ‘softest’ as it is a milled face. I occasionally will catch putts more towards the heel or the toe - but the ball still rolls out really well.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use an original Rife putter, and the milled grooves definitely make a difference to the balls roll out.
Guerin Rife sold his putter co, Rife, then started EvnRoll a little after:)

Ultimately regardless of cost, the putter will be your most used club and one you must like and have confidence in.

Last edited:

jack1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have one and love it. I was fitted at core golf in thame. Doubt i will go back to my ping redwood now.

Fabia999

Visit site
I‘m pretty sure either Rick Shiels or Peter Finch use the ER2 (I’ve watched that much golf YouTube in the last week I can’t recall which), it’s possible that both of them are using an EvnRoll, there should be some YouTube reviews of it that are worth a watch.
Peter Finch just got a custom scotty. Rick Shiels has one and i'm sure its the ER2 black? He swears by it and hes not sponsored by any club brands so I'd trust that opinion. However, I haven't hit one but its an option when I'm next in the market.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Peter Finch and Rick Shiels??? ?

What tournaments are they competing in? Errr, none.

Why would anyone consider what putter they have this week as even remotely relevant?
Closer in ability and therefore more relevant to us than the likes of Tiger, Rory or JT and plenty of people buy clubs because the Tour Pros use them.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
They do not play competitive golf, so whatever free putter they have in their bag this week doesn't hold any weight with me. Obviously some people can't see through that and get swayed, which is why the pair get all their gear for free in the first place.
Point taken
But if RS gets sent every putter that comes out but still has the ER2 in his bag after almost 2 years that shows he uses it because it works..otherwise he would change it every few weeks.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you're hitting putts out the toe and heel you should be spending 30 quid on a Sports Direct Dunlop...?

It's just hype to try and break into the market, the prices are ludicrous.
You mean the same as a scotty Cameron that has 0 technology?

Brands don’t create their own hype.