EvnRoll putters

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
Been using one for years and wouldn't change.

Had a wobble Feb when my eye got taken by the Toulons.

Went to a well known NW putting school, aligned to Odyssey, for a fitting with a coach from that school.

None of the Odyssey line could touch the numbers the Er2 produced, in terms of getting the ball rolling.

When you hit a putt the ball initially skids on its axis before finding its forward momentum and rolling end over end.

I cant remember the precise term for it but, across the range, the ER2 got the ball rolling true approx 40-50% quicker than any odyssey.

The fitter repeated these figures with his own, decidedly superior stroke.

The opinion of the fitter was that there's little tech on the Toulon to get the ball rolling, was more about feel and looks. The other hinge face things only got slightly closer to the ER2.

Blatantly admitted he couldn't sell me anything better than the ER2 and, given the numbers, the only reason to change would be for changes sake or if I had money burning.

The fitting was money well spent, and a real eye opener as I was pretty taken with the Toulon's.

Thanks man - what’s the feel like? I’ve seen some reports saying it’s almost dead off the face? I have generally putted something with a bit more feedback, even soft at times so was intrigued as to the even roll feel.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks man - what’s the feel like? I’ve seen some reports saying it’s almost dead off the face? I have generally putted something with a bit more feedback, even soft at times so was intrigued as to the even roll feel.
Feels a little dead if you don't hit the middle of the face, and that changes depending what grip you have on it.

Feel off the middle is perfect.

I find it pretty good for feedback, tells me what state my putting stroke is in.