Ever had an air shot on the tee? Come on... 'fess up and banish the memory forever

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a funny a couple of weeks ago- the cub was about 6" inches away from hitting the ball and the ball fell off the tee, the club head just swishing at 100 mph at thin air.
Luckily I remembered the new rule - picked the ball up and the tee and moved to a new location to tee it up again.

I reckon I must have a few when first started playing.

Am I being daft but what new rule? I'm reading that as you tried to hit the ball but missed it, and was fairly confident that still counts as a stroke or are you just referring to being able to tee it up again, which I still wasn't sure whether you could do?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Am I being daft but what new rule? I'm reading that as you tried to hit the ball but missed it, and was fairly confident that still counts as a stroke or are you just referring to being able to tee it up again, which I still wasn't sure whether you could do?
Yeah you can re tee the ball if it's still in the teeing area . The 1st shot counts of.course

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah you can re tee the ball if it's still in the teeing area . The 1st shot counts of.course

Thanks, thought it was me being daft, but it almost sounded like a pick up re-tee and pretend nothing ever happened (i.e. no shot penalty), so wondered if rules were being confused with Zach Johnson incident (I think) where they hit the ball when practicing and got to retee without penalty as no intent.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing hungover one Saturday, first shot in a medal, teed the ball up high, took a swing and managed to pass the head of the club under the ball. Took out the tee and the ball seemed to hover for a second before dropping on the spot where the tee used to be.

Teeing off on a crowded first tee at stoke rochford. Thinned my drive into the marker for the ladies tee, it pinged back through those waiting to tee off and finished in the practice net some 30 yards behind where I started.