European Tour Fantasy League is back

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would be amazed if there's anyone that doesn't have Rory and Tyrell in their teams....
Yeah me too. I haven't done this one before, but I found it strange that it's not like the football fantasy league where every player has a value so you can't just put all the best players in.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yeah me too. I haven't done this one before, but I found it strange that it's not like the football fantasy league where every player has a value so you can't just put all the best players in.
Obviously you want to pick a Captain who's going to finish high up or even win.
One of the skills is picking the dark horse....and making sure all your picks make the cut.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Obviously you want to pick a Captain who's going to finish high up or even win.
One of the skills is picking the dark horse....and making sure all your picks make the cut.
Yeah, I have Hatton captain actually. But you're always going to put one of your top two or three as captain I'd have thought? I suppose if someone's in shocking form I'll take them out, but generally I can't see myself changing my picks that much. Rory Hatton and Fleetwood just seem obviously while the other three maybe more flexible. I suppose there's a chance some of them won't be playing some weeks actually. Does it tell you that on the site? If someone isn't playing?

Imurg

Visit site
Yeah, I have Hatton captain actually. But you're always going to put one of your top two or three as captain I'd have thought? I suppose if someone's in shocking form I'll take them out, but generally I can't see myself changing my picks that much. Rory Hatton and Fleetwood just seem obviously while the other three maybe more flexible. I suppose there's a chance some of them won't be playing some weeks actually. Does it tell you that on the site? If someone isn't playing?
Don't forget they won't play every week.....there's an autopick system that looks at your team midday on the day before and if any of your team aren't playing the system will automatically replace them with a random player....who may, or may not, be a good pick.

D

Deleted member 25172

In a good position with all my 6 players making the cut and have Hatton as skipper!

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s a cracking first tournament. Rory and Tyrrell trading blows and great seeing Tommy Fleetwood hunting them down.

And all three of them are in my team! C’mon Captain Rory! (Though 2 missed the cut.)

Playing the fantasy game enhances my enjoyment if the golf, especially in the smaller tournaments.

Last edited:

IanMcC

Visit site
I will probably be bottom of our league. Took informed decision to leave out McIlroy, as this was his first comp back after lockdown, and he missed the cut last time that happened. Also never won at the course, although lots of places. That was error 1.
Error 2 was leaving out Hatton, simply because I dont like the miserable t**t.
Error number 3 was Fitzpatrick as Captain, who missed the cut.
You can tell, Im not too good at this. :)

Imurg

Visit site
I find it slightly worrying that Eliot, who I believe is a GM tipster, managed a meagre 181 points....:unsure::whistle:

I'll take 13th with a Captain who missed the cut...