European Super League

D

Deleted member 16999

Honestly, I simply wouldn’t answer any of his posts if they weren’t in reply to mine. I have previous experience and it’s not pleasant. He answered my very innocuous post and came straight out with the assertion that I didn’t understand how the Premier League works.

I asked if you knew how the PL works as you stated and I quote “Not really sure how you can punish a business for trying to set up a perfectly legal alternative marketplace.”

I asked that as I have no idea how much you know, it was a simple question, especially as we don’t know if they had broken any rules/laws

It’s all there, you can read it. After that I think I have the right to reply, which I did, politely. Unfortunately the conversation decended from there so I asked him to just leave it and that I would do the same.

Fact: you answered me at 6:54 last night and then at 9:55, 3hrs and 15 posts between us you stamped your feet, in those 15 posts you asked why I was “so upset” “making things up”, having a “narrative” and being “over emotional”

They were clearly your issue as I was none of them, I thought it was a discussion between 2 adults.

Sadly it seems he was unable to do that.

As is my right on a public forum I answered and left it as I believe you threw a strop after being wrong about Man Utd, what you stated initially “So when Man United didn’t play in the FA Cup didn’t they pick and choose then?”

4 posters including me posted how you were incorrect,

I tagged this morning after the last poster gave more information to show you your quote was wrong.

I ignored his response, so he referred to me in a post to someone else. I answered him and requested he leave it again and he wouldn’t.

As you broke your word and did respond to my tag am I not entitled to respond to you?

That is classic trolling. I am sorry if you disagree. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

I have been on this forum for 8 years and I have had some great debates and indeed some right ding dongs in that time, particularly over Brexit. Never have I had to speak to a moderator (lies, you told me in an email you contacted Philthefragger, I still have the email) or had to put a fellow forummer on ignore. Not once.

If I am honest, I haven’t posted on here for some while because the last time he had a go the moderators had to get involved by PM. (More lies, I was never contacted by a moderator, the only involvement was between you and Phil) The episode was unpleasant and upsetting. We worked it out between us by PM but TBH I didn’t want to risk a repeat episode. I was right to be cautious. It happened on practically the first post I made since.

Such unpleasantness sucks the enjoyment out of the forum. That’s why political posts were banned, I am sure. Part of me thinks I should just leave it, part of me questions why I should be bullied off posting. You say, I should sit in the corner quietly. Why should I? Is his opinion worth more than mine? Honestly, I don’t mind arguing with him. I will stand my ground. I don’t mind alternative opinions. I just don’t think every discussion needs to be an argument and I am pretty sure other forumers don’t want to read two people having a go at each other.

I was not having a go at you, simply answering the points you raised, it is your issue misinterpreting it as me having a go.

I am sorry to put this in public, but you did ask and I am going to defend myself.

Now, I am not sure if you have seen it, but a moderator has asked us to leave it.

So when reemul posted, why didn’t you do as DCB requested and report reemul’s post, nobody forced you to reply and tell lies!

So that is all I am going to say on the matter and as far as I am concerned the matter is closed.
And I have a right to reply, in your emails in December you stated that you “let yourself become too embroiled on occasion and argued too harshly” this looks to me as your issues raising its head again.
I did try to resolve this and respect what DCB told us to do, unfortunately that failed.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’m nit sure they’ve broken any rules have they? As they didn’t actually participate in the comps.

Imo, a 20 point penalty next season along with a season ban for Europe would be just, that being said, them all not being in Europe would cost uefa money in veiwing figures, so do see it happening.

D

Deleted member 16999

Back to the ESL; do we issue sanctions against the "Big 6", and if so, what? :unsure:
I think it has to be proved they broke any rules or laws before it can be judged fairly.

If they have and are punished I’d like to see a big fine and the monies given to the lower leagues or grassroots football, I don’t agree with the points/bans etc as it does affect fans and it’s been wrong in the past when the FA have done this.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Back to the ESL; do we issue sanctions against the "Big 6", and if so, what? :unsure:

I think PL/UEFA are in a tricky position. They'd love to be able to throw the book at these teams and do all sorts of unspeakable things however they're also aware that, like it or not, these clubs have an awful lot of power. I think ultimately they will get a slap on the wrist and everyone on the Big 6's side will be terribly contrite (at least outwardly) and things will get back to normal fairly quickly. The EPL clubs are fortunate that it's happened at a time with no fans as there would be no hiding places in the stadiums.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’m nit sure they’ve broken any rules have they? As they didn’t actually participate in the comps.

Agree, I think the clubs would argue they made an error of judgement but didn't actually follow through so no harm done.

Imo, a 20 point penalty next season along with a season ban for Europe would be just,

I think the issue for the EPL is that by deducting the clubs 20 points (for example) doesn't particularly punish the owners (long term) and will probably lead to bad feeling amongst the fans of those clubs who have been punished. Do they run the risk of those fans suddenly going to the dark side (supporting the ESL) just to spite them as they now feel hard done by and suddenly the goodwill that has been generated is lost. Not really sure that anything will end up happening to anyone.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Agree, I think the clubs would argue they made an error of judgement but didn't actually follow through so no harm done.

I think the issue for the EPL is that by deducting the clubs 20 points (for example) doesn't particularly punish the owners (long term) and will probably lead to bad feeling amongst the fans of those clubs who have been punished. Do they run the risk of those fans suddenly going to the dark side (supporting the ESL) just to spite them as they now feel hard done by and suddenly the goodwill that has been generated is lost. Not really sure that anything will end up happening to anyone.

For all the bluster of some fans. I feel it would be a tiny portion of fans that did that.
numeorus clubs have been deducted points for being run poor financially, the is just another way they’ve been run poorly.

That being said, I’d be amazed if anything happened at all.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Doesn't stop them doing it to clubs that go into administration, no fault of the fans there. In some ways thats even worse, nearly lose your club completely and then get kicked again while you're still down

D

Deleted member 15344

If the 6 clubs were punished with points deduction then it’s going to lawyer central and it will be very messy

Whilst it’s not great but those 6 clubs are a huge reason why the Premier League can sell the Telly rights for so much - they are a huge reason why the other clubs get so much money from being in the Prem.

It’s very thinly balanced right now and good amount of hypocrisy from many areas within lots of governing bodies - who lets be honest were mainly worried about losing the gravy train of money as opposed to “rescuing the game” and upholding the integrity

The clubs may get a small fine but I suspect they will be asked to leave working groups etc for the moment.

I also noticed that UEFA may well be back tracking on some of their proposed changes - imagine that eh

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’ve already said under this thread, by deducting points and banning clubs from the CL, you punish the players, managers and fans. None of this is their doing. Why should I be prevented from watching my club fighting for a title or competing in Europe because of my club owners’ greed?

Many of you seem to forget, supporters of some of these clubs despise their owners. I wouldn’t give the Glazers the steam off my ?. I’m delighted to see Woodward going, but it’s the Glazer family I want rid of.

The authorities have to find a way of directly punishing the owners.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I’ve already said under this thread, by deducting points and banning clubs from the CL, you punish the players, managers and fans. None of this is their doing. Why should I be prevented from watching my club fighting for a title or competing in Europe because of my club owners’ greed?

Many of you seem to forget, supporters of some of these clubs despise their owners. I wouldn’t give the Glazers the steam off my ?. I’m delighted to see Woodward going, but it’s the Glazer family I want rid of.

The authorities have to find a way of directly punishing the owners.

Throughout the whole of this shambolic episode there’s one word that keeps cropping up. Hypocrisy. If the Prem league, UEFA, FIFA had not been so useless none of this would of reared its ugly head. The inept prem league are the bloody idiots that allowed the Glazers to buy Utd on the back of loans. The Glazers then Went on to take a billion out of the club. As much as I would like the owners to have there knuckles rapped. Am not sure how it can be done.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Throughout the whole of this shambolic episode there’s one word that keeps cropping up. Hypocrisy. If the Prem league, UEFA, FIFA had not been so useless none of this would of reared its ugly head. The inept prem league are the bloody idiots that allowed the Glazers to buy Utd on the back of loans. The Glazers then Went on to take a billion out of the club. As much as I would like the owners to have there knuckles rapped. Am not sure how it can be done.

And therein lies the problem, Tash.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What happened happened, for me the prem league needs to be proactive to make sure nothing like this happens again. And listening to that tit in Spain he still thinks it may. That said, the prem leagues stance of “ fit and proper “ owners needs seriously looking at And revamping.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its about to become a legal minefield and I can see a few slimy lawyers becoming very rich over the next few months.
It will never happen due to the legal implications but it would be nice if the FA/PL made it clear the owners of these clubs were no longer welcome in the league and were 'advised' to move on. A bit like a retrospect fit and proper person test.
I would then like to see a massive overhaul to the fit and proper person test...:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16999

Its about to become a legal minefield and I can see a few slimy lawyers becoming very rich over the next few months.
It will never happen due to the legal implications but it would be nice if the FA/PL made it clear the owners of these clubs were no longer welcome in the league and were 'advised' to move on. A bit like a retrospect fit and proper person test.
I would then like to see a massive overhaul to the fit and proper person test...:rolleyes:
Lots of rumours and speculstion over Newcastle’s proposed takeover last summer, some of it being that some of the 6 pressurised the PL in to blocking it as the investment could “rock the boat”

It’s still not finished and could be helped over the line by what’s happened over the last few days.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots of rumours and speculstion over Newcastle’s proposed takeover last summer, some of it being that some of the 6 pressurised the PL in to blocking it as the investment could “rock the boat”

It’s still not finished and could be helped over the line by what’s happened over the last few days.
Do you have proof or is this just using rumour and speculation to tie in with your point of view?

D

Deleted member 15344

Every single one of those owners would pass a “fit and proper” test

Every single person will have different ideas of what the owner should be.