European Super League

D

Deleted member 16999

And your posting from a purely from a spurned club level -

No one is shifting blame and every single fan of the clubs who were involved were very critical of it all , didn’t want it to happen and were United with all other fans in their desire for it not to happen - football tribalism for once was put on the back burner so that it could be stopped

Now it’s clear that it’s back to normal and the tribalism is back with demands for punishments - rival clubs fan wanting to see the clubs punished.

Nothing has changed in football And nothing will change - it’s a money business and they all want a slice of the pie
Well done on not answering my post!

Did you call anyone out as “spurned” prior to last night? No you didn’t.

You’re just disappointed that FSG that you have praised and supported since day 1 have let the Club, Players, Proper Fans, down, you’ll keep making excuses for them.

Now, what was the term smiffy used to describe you?

D

Deleted member 16999

The point is I would take their sanctimonious statement with a pinch of salt if they weren't even asked. I highly doubt any PL chairman would have declined knowing the top teams were all in for it, as all you do is risk getting left further behind.
Or you see beyond the money and own a Club with values.

Explain why PSG or Bayern turned them down?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Or you see beyond the money and own a Club with values.

Explain why PSG or Bayern turned them down?
It was commonly published yesterday, but PSG's Qatari owners didn't want any controversy ahead of the Qatar World Cup, while Bayern is largely fan-owned, so obviously as we know most fans didn't want the ESL.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yep. The likes of West Ham and Everton will be pushing for points deductions - purely so they can nick the top four positions and make more money for themselves in the Champion's League. No other reason.
You’re only sorry because you’ve been caught and now with one of your “Sly 6” buddies you’re making things up.

What’s the point of Everton getting a CL spot, we can’t get past the qualifying stages.

D

Deleted member 16999

It was commonly published yesterday, but PSG's Qatari owners didn't want any controversy ahead of the Qatar World Cup, while Bayern is largely fan-owned, so obviously as we know most fans didn't want the ESL.
PSG story is rumour isn’t it and your billionaire doesn’t care what the fans think.
No morals.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You’re only sorry because you’ve been caught and now with one of your “Sly 6” buddies you’re making things up.

What’s the point of Everton getting a CL spot, we can’t get past the qualifying stages.
I'm not sorry at all? I hated the idea of ESL, it would have been the final nail in the coffin of football for me. I'm just saying the holier than thou attitude from other club's fans is rubbish. Chairmen are like politicians - whichever one you support they're all slimebags at the end of the day. If they push for punishments it will be to benefit themselves.

D

Deleted member 16999

I'm not sorry at all? I hated the idea of ESL, it would have been the final nail in the coffin of football for me. I'm just saying the holier than thou attitude from other club's fans is rubbish. Chairmen are like politicians - whichever one you support they're all slimebags at the end of the day. If they push for punishments it will be to benefit themselves.
Claiming that about other Clubs fans is strange that’s like me saying you saying “it would of been the final nail” is a lie.

You’re seeing conspiracy theories with everyone else, tarring everyone with same brush.

How would a fine (if they’ve broken any rules) given to Charity or the EFL or grassroots football benefit any other PL Club.

Some idiots fans have called for points or bans, but you’ve put it in to the Clubs! Massive leap there!

D

Deleted member 15344

Well done on not answering my post!

Did you call anyone out as “spurned” prior to last night? No you didn’t.

You’re just disappointed that FSG that you have praised and supported since day 1 have let the Club, Players, Proper Fans, down, you’ll keep making excuses for them.

Now, what was the term smiffy used to describe you?

And once again you start making it personal

I’m not sure what questions you believe should be answered

The situation is nice a simple - big clubs looked to grab more money and more power , not one single fan or any club supported them and wanted it to be stopped - football tribalism was forgotten and everyone was joined together in their desire to get it stopped

It was stopped , fans of the clubs involved were very critical of the owners and disgusted by them and feel let down by them - not one excuse has been made for them , no one has let them off the hook and excused them for their actions , the fans of those clubs will ensure their owners know how they feel for a long time now

But now the reaction was it’s stopped from other fans is back to good old tribalism and finding ways to punish those rival clubs , they want to see the clubs suffer even more and if someone was honest with themselves it’s purely because of the rivalry

But don’t kid yourself that any club if it was actually offered and on the table they would jumping at it - because that’s the state of football at that level now , you can cover your eyes if you want , clubs are all about getting money in , that’s why new stadiums are built that’s why clubs are desperate to stay in the Premier league or get to the CL - because of the pot of gold it produces for the owners.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Claiming that about other Clubs fans is strange that’s like me saying you saying “it would of been the final nail” is a lie.

You’re seeing conspiracy theories with everyone else, tarring everyone with same brush.

How would a fine (if they’ve broken any rules) given to Charity or the EFL or grassroots football benefit any other PL Club.

Some idiots fans have called for points or bans, but you’ve put it in to the Clubs! Massive leap there!
It's not even similar, you're appropriating the wishes of your club's chairman, whereas I was articulating my own feelings. How can that be the same? :LOL:

Gordon Strachan said it best - there are no morals in football, and have not been for a long long time. I suspect they will push for points deductions over fines, but let's wait and see.

D

Deleted member 16999

And once again you start making it personal

I’m not sure what questions you believe should be answered

The situation is nice a simple - big clubs looked to grab more money and more power , not one single fan or any club supported them and wanted it to be stopped - football tribalism was forgotten and everyone was joined together in their desire to get it stopped

It was stopped , fans of the clubs involved were very critical of the owners and disgusted by them and feel let down by them - not one excuse has been made for them , no one has let them off the hook and excused them for their actions , the fans of those clubs will ensure their owners know how they feel for a long time now

But now the reaction was it’s stopped from other fans is back to good old tribalism and finding ways to punish those rival clubs , they want to see the clubs suffer even more and if someone was honest with themselves it’s purely because of the rivalry

But don’t kid yourself that any club if it was actually offered and on the table they would jumping at it - because that’s the state of football at that level now , you can cover your eyes if you want , clubs are all about getting money in , that’s why new stadiums are built that’s why clubs are desperate to stay in the Premier league or get to the CL - because of the pot of gold it produces for the owners.
You started with the spurned and triablism comments.

You made no reference to my fine suggestion which refutes your claim of punishments that benefit the other 14.

Still you are judging every other Club, when the defence has been it’s not the Club but the Chairmen, by the standards of the “Sly 6” you can’t prove that and is your own insecurities to excuse and some how make the ESL idea not too bad.

D

Deleted member 16999

It's not even similar, you're appropriating the wishes of your club's chairman, whereas I was articulating my own feelings. How can that be the same? :LOL:

Gordon Strachan said it best - there are no morals in football, and have not been for a long long time. I suspect they will push for points deductions over fines, but let's wait and see.
And I wasn’t appropriating the wishes of our Chairman to you, this is what I was comparing it to, ie, your exact quote “I'm just saying the holier than thou attitude from other club's fans is rubbish”

Fan to Fan comparison!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
And I wasn’t appropriating the wishes of our Chairman to you, this is what I was comparing it to, ie, your exact quote “I'm just saying the holier than thou attitude from other club's fans is rubbish”

Fan to Fan comparison!
The difference is I was judging my chairman's actions, not mere words.

D

Deleted member 15344

You started with the spurned and triablism comments.

You made no reference to my fine suggestion which refutes your claim of punishments that benefit the other 14.

Still you are judging every other Club, when the defence has been it’s not the Club but the Chairmen, by the standards of the “Sly 6” you can’t prove that and is your own insecurities to excuse and some how make the ESL idea not too bad.

When people post on here it’s not automatically in response to something you have said

Have you even considered that the response about punishments might well be in response to this

Don't let the owners forget this ever

They should be ashamed of themsleves

10 point deduction for each of the teams Involved

Ban from Europe for next season

Any prize money from the premier League this season taken off them and equally divided between the rest of the league

Should stop anyone thinking of doing anything like this again.

Does that level of punishments not benefit the other clubs then ?

And yes it was the chairman/owners of the clubs made the choice

And yes I will judge each chairman the same because history has shown they all have the same self centred desires within the sport

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Football is big business.

The weird bit is that no one really makes any money out of it.

Take Arsenal, because that is a club I know more about.

It is worth around 2 bn. (Apparently, if the Kroenkes were to sell).

Every year it makes money from the fans, the broadcasting, the premiership, European footy, etc. May be some player sales (we are not good at this).

This money is then spent on inflated new deals, player wages, and transfers (plus running costs for the business, etc).

Before it got de-listed from the London exchange and re-listed in Denver, all the Kroenkes made was a 5m consultancy fee. The fans were livid they were taking this money out of the club. Now it is in Denver, who knows what they do, but bear with me on this.

The Kroenkes are business men. For a 2bn investment, they are only getting a 5m return? That is chump change. The only way they can make money, would be a new deal like the ESL, or heavily revised TV deals, negotiated by the club, not by the Prem. If there was enough of an increase, they could sneak more cash out without anyone really noticing.

Or, they could sell the club to the next Billionaire investor, and he would have the same problem.

D

Deleted member 16999

When people post on here it’s not automatically in response to something you have said

Have you even considered that the response about punishments might well be in response to this

Does that level of punishments not benefit the other clubs then ?

And yes it was the chairman/owners of the clubs made the choice

And yes I will judge each chairman the same because history has shown they all have the same self centred desires within the sport
You’re a waste of time, if somebody responds directly to a post then you are answering that post, If you have a issue with Pauljames’s post, answer him or you either expect me to be a mind reader and if that’s not the case at least have the decency to quote his post so I know what you’re on about!

As for the judgement of all Chairmen, that says more about you than them.