Eureka!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im guilty of the re gripping thing myself..... And like Region it only tells with wear on the glove...... Only thing is when i tighten the grip to stop myself doing it i feel like im gripping too tight then..... :rolleyes:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Closing the face was just an experiment to see if it remained closed when I swung, and it did according to the ball flight.

I didn't try to swing more out at the ball or start it off on a certain line, I just wanted it to move to the left in the air so without altering anything else I just closed the face a bit.

I'll worry about trying to control the path of the ball to something resembling useful if my tweak works on the course as well as the range. :D :thup:

Indeed.

Knowing your swing (unless you've changed something radical) I believe your path is very neutral which means that the club face direction becomes really important, more important than if you swung left a little or right a little.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Having played with you quite recently,i question your analysis of your game.
At East Devon your driving was amazing and it got me thinking about my overall game.
My handicap is virtually the same as yours,and your long game blows mine out the water.
However I believe your short game could be better.
Of course absolutely nothing to do with what your on about grip wise,however could
you be looking in the wrong area for improvement.
I honestly believe if I drove as well as you I could be a 4 handicap,so where do you see your handicap
being if you had a great short game?

You could well be right about the short game, although at ED it was because of being clueless about speed and breaks that cost me more than bad chips and/or putts. Round my own place I think my short game is half decent. I still don't think I hit more than 4 or 5 fairways there though.

If I can be straighter off the tee I think it will save me around 2 shots per round. I'll have to save the other 4 by improving my short game. :D

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Indeed.

Knowing your swing (unless you've changed something radical) I believe your path is very neutral which means that the club face direction becomes really important, more important than if you swung left a little or right a little.

I don't feel my swing has changed much, which is why it's been so frustrating trying to work out why the ball can go left, right or straight. I thought it was something major in my swing delivering the club differently each time. If I'm right about the grip it'll be a relief to know that the mechanics are fairly consistent.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
....and hair straighteners........tell him about hair straighteners!!!!!!!!!! :whoo:

You're a naughty man Rick :rofl:

I've not got many qualifiers left, but if this grip thing works keep looking over your shoulder in the h'cap challenge Mr.G. ;)

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
You're a naughty man Rick :rofl:

I've not got many qualifiers left, but if this grip thing works keep looking over your shoulder in the h'cap challenge Mr.G. ;)

Will do mate, especially since I copped a 0.1 at the weekend on greens that had been hollow timed but not dressed afterwards... :eek:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yep, that's it.

Either you're gripping the club so that the end is digging in, or the club is moving during your swing.

I've only had this hole/tear recently, never noticed or seen it before and my recent games have gone to pot, you could be a life saver. Just got to get my back right now and I'll be off on all cylinders again ;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'd go with this.

I grip, consciously, towards the end of the club and have this pattern. I think I may start to grip down 1/2 an inch.

Its funny you say that, Moff told me when I bought my 52's that he had them 1/2" longer so I always came down the grip a bit but lately I think I'd forgotten and gripped them high, hence the wheels fell off my game and this notable issue raising its head.

All hail Region3 :whoo:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've always worn a hole in the palm of my glove. I'm struggling to feel the club anywhere in the swing at the moment let alone a feeling of it being open. I'm just trying to keep it simple, think less and hit it less often. Winter will be the time I look at what can be done to get better

A

Alex1975

As it happens I read this post just before I went out to practice. I did not think it related to me but figured Region was going to have something interesting to say. I then found this....

image.jpg

I am doing both things, gripping to far up and re-gripping at the top. As a result of doing both I get double the reward when I fix it. It was a pleasure hitting shots out there this evening.

Thanks.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
As it happens I read this post just before I went out to practice. I did not think it related to me but figured Region was going to have something interesting to say. I then found this....

View attachment 7283

I am doing both things, gripping to far up and re-gripping at the top. As a result of doing both I get double the reward when I fix it. It was a pleasure hitting shots out there this evening.

Thanks.

I just think your a tight @rse and need to buy new gloves more often ;)