Establish WHS Handicap

Teebs

Visit site
Hi all
Finally got the documents through for my new club so working through all the info (blimey, things have really changed in 10 years...!)

I obviously need to establish the handicap pretty soon and have looked through the info and it seems pretty straight forward.

Can anyone highlight any pitfalls or issues they've encountered. My understanding is as below

• Enter a card marked 'for handicap purposes' signed by a member
  • 18 or 9 holes
  • Yellow tees
  • Presume this needs to be done when the course is back to full tees (some are winter)
  • 3 cards minimum, best score minus 2 shots for initial calculation
Have I missed anything obvious?

Thanks

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all
Finally got the documents through for my new club so working through all the info (blimey, things have really changed in 10 years...!)

I obviously need to establish the handicap pretty soon and have looked through the info and it seems pretty straight forward.

Can anyone highlight any pitfalls or issues they've encountered. My understanding is as below

• Enter a card marked 'for handicap purposes' signed by a member
  • 18 or 9 holes
  • Yellow tees
  • Presume this needs to be done when the course is back to full tees (some are winter)
  • 3 cards minimum, best score minus 2 shots for initial calculation
Have I missed anything obvious?

Thanks
Any tees that have been rated for your gender, unless there is a specific Club requirement. eg whites reserved for competitions

IanMcC

Visit site
Date the cards, collect them, and give them all together to your M&H Secretary. Less hassle that way.

NearHull

Visit site
Date the cards, collect them, and give them all together to your M&H Secretary. Less hassle that way.

a word of caution. If you submit the three scores, played over different days, in one day , they will all attract the PCC of the day of submission - I think.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
a word of caution. If you submit the three scores, played over different days, in one day , they will all attract the PCC of the day of submission - I think.
5.6/1 – Procedure for Performing Playing Conditions Calculation
Notes:
The PCC is applied to all acceptable scores that are submitted on a day of play and retrospectively for scores played on that day but submitted at a later date.

Last edited:

NearHull

Visit site
5.6/1 – Procedure for Performing Playing Conditions Calculation
Notes:
The PCC is applied to all acceptable scores that are submitted on a day of play and retrospectively for scores played on that day but submitted at a later date.
Thank you. But I guess that the retrospective submitted scores cannot impact the PCC of the day they were played, - perhaps not mathematically significant but I think correct

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Winter tees might not make any difference if your course is rated for them and or they still meet the course length requirement .
We have a number of winter tees but still run qualifying comps all through the winter.