End of Season Predictions 22/23

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
So, we have Leicester finishing either 6th or 18th and one fancying them for the League Cup.

But many have hedged their bets by typing "City" for the Premiership and/or FA cup. :sneaky:

Well then, LCFC have won both in recent years - or was I dreaming?

I shan't show myself up with predictions - bit out of touch these days.
Love the thread though.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like Voyager, love the thread but won't be entering - not so much that I'm out of touch, more that I've never really been in touch. But certainly found it interesting that of 18 posts, only three had put Forest in the the bottom 3. Let's hope you're all (well, nearly all) right.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So, we have Leicester finishing either 6th or 18th and one fancying them for the League Cup.

But many have hedged their bets by typing "City" for the Premiership and/or FA cup. :sneaky:

Well then, LCFC have won both in recent years - or was I dreaming?

I shan't show myself up with predictions - bit out of touch these days.
Love the thread though.
There is a reason why you don't find a poor bookie ?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As reigning champion Colch Jnr has decided to embarrass us all again this season........

Top six:
1. Liverpool
2. Man City
3. Chelsea
4. Man Utd
5. Spurs
6. Arsenal

Bottom three:
18. Southampton
19. Fulham
20. Bournemouth

PL top scorer: Son

FA Cup winner: Liverpool

League Cup winner: Chelsea

Champion's League winner: Real Madrid

First manager sacked: Thomas Frank

Best signing: Darwin Nunez

Worst signing/biggest flop: Haaland

World Cup Winners: France

Thought I'd bump this thread for @Orikoru to decide the winner based on his made up scoring system.

One question, has the previous season's winner ever seen such a big collapse as Colch Jnr from last season to this one? I'm struggling to see where you're going to be able to give him more than a couple of points for his predictions.

Worst signing/biggest flop: Haaland. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:. What an idiot. I think he gets it from his mother.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought I'd bump this thread for @Orikoru to decide the winner based on his made up scoring system.

One question, has the previous season's winner ever seen such a big collapse as Colch Jnr from last season to this one? I'm struggling to see where you're going to be able to give him more than a couple of points for his predictions.

Worst signing/biggest flop: Haaland. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:. What an idiot. I think he gets it from his mother.
I already started compiling it the other week, haha. Was going to have another look this afternoon and post the scores, but will have to post an update after the two cup finals have been played as well just in case they change anything.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right, below is what it looks like so far. First though the rules.

Scoring rules:
• Spot-on is 2 points, highlighted in dark green.
• Things that were almost correct are in light green and get you 1 point. e.g. team was in top six / bottom three but in the wrong position; Kane gets you 1 point because he was the highest scoring human; losing finalist would get you 1 point for the cups.
• Signings are subjective but I've given 2 points for Haaland as best signing since that is pretty cut and dried, and 1 point to those who said Richarlison or Phillips for worst signing as they were pretty poor. Arguments for Sterling to be deemed worst signing can be heard below if you wish.
• I've given half a point for those who said Everton to get relegated (since they only survived on the last day), and those who said Hassenhuttl as first sacked because he was at least sacked before Christmas.
• Very bad shouts get you minus 1. Examples: your top six team got relegated; your bottom 3 team finished top half and was never in danger; your first-to-be-sacked was not actually sacked at all; or you said Haaland would be the worst signing.

Slime is top of the tree for now, but in fact he can't possibly win because he doesn't have City down for either final, whereas everyone else in the top half does.

GM 2223 Season 1.PNG

Basically, if City win the FA Cup, @ColchesterFC is the winner. If they don't, @4LEX is the winner.

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right, below is what it looks like so far. First though the rules.

Scoring rules:
• Spot-on is 2 points, highlighted in dark green.
• Things that were almost correct are in light green and get you 1 point. e.g. team was in top six / bottom three but in the wrong position; Kane gets you 1 point because he was the highest scoring human; losing finalist would get you 1 point for the cups.
• Signings are subjective but I've given 2 points for Haaland as best signing, and 1 point to those who said Richarlison or Phillips for worst signing as they were pretty poor. Arguments for Sterling to be deemed worst signing can be heard below if you wish.
• I've given half a point for those who said Everton to get relegated (since they only survived on the last day), and those who said Hassenhuttl as first sacked because he was at least sacked before Christmas.
• Very bad shouts get you minus 1. Examples: your top six team got relegated; your bottom 3 team finished top half and was never in danger; your first-to-be-sacked was not actually sacked at all; or you said Haaland would be the worst signing.

Slime is top of the tree for now, but in fact he can't possibly win because he doesn't have City down for either final, whereas everyone else in the top half does.

View attachment 47937

Basically, if City win the FA Cup, @ColchesterFC is the winner. If they don't, @4LEX is the winner.

Any chance that you could deduct an extra three points from anyone who said that Haaland would be the worst signing? Just want to see Colch Jnr's face when he gets zero points. (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any chance that you could deduct an extra three points from anyone who said that Haaland would be the worst signing? Just want to see Colch Jnr's face when he gets zero points. (y)
Last place isn't bad enough already? Shame I'm not giving out points for dad of the year. :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Worst Signing - Sterling - 0 points
Best Signing - Pope - 0 points

I'm calling Howard Webb to complain about VAR. Sterling did stuff all for £47.5m and Pope to Newcastle for £12m, he has been a top player for them. Easily best value and right up there in the top 3 of best signings for my money.

Apart from that, 4th place, woohhoooo. It doesn't qualify for an open top parade but I may lower my window for part of my journey home this afternoon :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm calling Howard Webb to complain about VAR. Sterling did stuff all for £47.5m and Pope to Newcastle for £12m, he has been a top player for them. Easily best value and right up there in the top 3 of best signings for my money.

Apart from that, 4th place, woohhoooo. It doesn't qualify for an open top parade but I may lower my window for part of my journey home this afternoon :LOL:
You have to remember the categories weren't 'good signing' and 'bad signing' otherwise there would have been loads more points thrown around. Jesus and Alvarez were good signings as well as Pope. But it was best and worst signings. I just split the difference on Richarlison and Phillips as I couldn't decide, but I feel they were both worse than Sterling, relatively speaking.

I’d like to raise that Cucarella was an embarrassment and deserves a point (and I’m not in the race)
As above... and I would add that the entire Chelsea team was dogpoop so hard to say who the worst of the bunch were there anyway. Bissouma was pretty poo, but it felt harsh to snatch a point from Fundy for that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have to remember the categories weren't 'good signing' and 'bad signing' otherwise there would have been loads more points thrown around. Jesus and Alvarez were good signings as well as Pope. But it was best and worst signings. I just split the difference on Richarlison and Phillips as I couldn't decide, but I feel they were both worse than Sterling, relatively speaking.

I may go full Sam Allardyce on you in the post season press conference 🤬

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If Everton fans are invading the pitch to celebrate finishing 17th I dread to think what they'd do if they finished 4th. I'm picturing this but with blue smoke.

1685455091120.jpeg

:D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If Everton fans are invading the pitch to celebrate finishing 17th I dread to think what they'd do if they finished 4th. I'm picturing this but with blue smoke.
We are too classy to stoop to that level ;)

The pitch invasion, a mini one that was soon cleared, was about relief, not celebration. Tension central at Goodison on Sunday, and at the King Power to be fair. I'd include Elland Road but I think they knew after 2 minutes the game was up so it sounded fairly flat there, from I have seen and heard on the tv and radio.