Electric trollies

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m looking at getting an electric trolly for the summer, to use in comps, and matches, we usually have a ban on them at our place for 6 months of the year so I carry for those months but like the trolly for added loads in the summer.
My push trolly has given up so looking a good electric one that’s reliable and easy cared for. Thanks.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do not which sort/make but I know a little bit about batteries.

If you can afford it buy lithium. 'Standard' batteries deteriorate when they are not used for long periods.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
GoKart. I've had mine for years and it's been great. It's extremely reliable, pulls like a train and because it is made from (extremely strong) plastic, it doesn't rust and is easy to clean. It's handled the ups and downs of my course over the years with no issues.
I'd also agree with going Lithium if your funds run to it.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought my motocaddy m1 lithium the month before I asked my wife to marry me

That was 5 years ago in October and it’s still going strong!!!

Best investment I’ve made

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Switched to a Powakaddy last year after using a push trolley for several years. Makes such a difference and would recommend it. As noted above, lithium is the way to go - much smaller and lighter. I can get 36 holes out of mine if used sparingly, but guess that will depend on course gradients etc.

Lots of bells and whistles available now, so think you just need to set a budget and see which brand you prefer. Some will be strong advocates of one over the other, but suspect the main brands are similar.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Gokart for me too, preferably with a lithium battery. Great functional trolley and the best back up from a great company

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Go cart, powercaddy, motor caddy...you can be unlucky with them all, but basically they make a good product. Look at the hire trolleys at your course.

I've had a motorcaddy S1 for 3 years and its going strong...i don't understand the concept of maintenance or cleaning (but I charge the battery when I get home without fail - whatever time in get home)

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks again folks.
Priced the go kart and it’s 380 for one with lithium battery. The PK one is 450 so not much difference between them, is it worth the extra for the pk?

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I bought my motocaddy m1 lithium the month before I asked my wife to marry me

That was 5 years ago in October and it’s still going strong!!!

Best investment I’ve made

You made me laugh at first reading this !
I took it as your wife was the best investment and still going strong!
Lol

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Thanks again folks.
Priced the go kart and it’s 380 for one with lithium battery. The PK one is 450 so not much difference between them, is it worth the extra for the pk?
£349 is what I can see on the 18 hole Lithium on their current offer. It depends what you're looking for. I like the simplicity of the GoKart (on off switch and roller for faster and slower), carried my clubs reliably for about 10 years now, and it is unpacked and ready to use in less than a minute. It folds down equally quickly to a pretty compact size too.

Last edited:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If it's cheap and cheerful the GoCart just about fits the bill or even the Hillbilly but if you want something that looks better (a lot better) and cost is not that important go for the Motocaddy to the Power Caddy it's a no brainerm

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Motocaddy M Series. Fantastic product. Strong, simplistic and simple to fold and collapse, plus it folds compactly.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Powakaddy all day. Just get the basic one as like cars the more tec in it the more can go wrong.
The lithium is a no brainier cost more but worth it.

If you are in no hurry Powakaddy usually have an offer every now and again for a free bag, I got a top af the range bag with mine free it’s great.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does your course have electric trollies for hire? If so speak to your pro and ask when he replaces them as now might be the time. If so you might get a good deal on an ex hire one.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess its all down to personal choice then.
Clive, we dont have electric trollies at our place for hire, so I asked the pro where I get lessons, he is going to come back to me. Thanks