Electric trollies

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I wondered how long it would take you............

To be fair he has a point, they look cheap as chips and they're noisier by far than my Motocaddy.

My Motocaddy is 3 years old now, not a hint of a problem. It's possibly a fraction slower than it used to be but it still looks and works fantastic.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
To be fair he has a point, they look cheap as chips and they're noisier by far than my Motocaddy.

My Motocaddy is 3 years old now, not a hint of a problem. It's possibly a fraction slower than it used to be but it still looks and works fantastic.
I can accept the comment if people have tried them but if they haven't but have a go EVERY TIME they are mentioned then it wears a bit thin.
As I say, I've had mine about 10 years, you may think they look cheap but they are incredibly robust. Mine has even survived falling into a burn. Granted the motor may not be as quiet as others but it pulls like a train up all the (many) slopes and hills at our course. I don't decry Motocaddy or Powakaddy as each has their positives. But in terms of VFM for a trolley with excellent customer service, it's a perfectly viable option.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have a GoKart with 18 hole lead battery. I can nurse it round 27 holes and if playing a 36 holer it will handle that with an hour on charge at lunchtime. Not convinced about going lithium on this trolley as the standard battery is £50 and the lithiums are £200/250 depending which you go for. They come fitted into a holder and are pretty light anyway so no issues lifting out the car to charge it. The lead battery on my last trolley lasted 6 years which was how long I used the trolley for anyway.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a GoKart with 18 hole lead battery. I can nurse it round 27 holes and if playing a 36 holer it will handle that with an hour on charge at lunchtime. Not convinced about going lithium on this trolley as the standard battery is £50 and the lithiums are £200/250 depending which you go for. They come fitted into a holder and are pretty light anyway so no issues lifting out the car to charge it. The lead battery on my last trolley lasted 6 years which was how long I used the trolley for anyway.

My current battery is a good few years old and did 36 at Sunningdale without a charge after round one. I wouldn't be overly confident on a hilly course mind. Like you, the cost of the GK lithium is an issue at the price especially with the lead one still doing so well. Still charges efficiently and so not sure I can justify the cost. Once in I don't really notice the weight of the lead acid in place on the trolley and it handles a heavy cart bag easily with the weight of the acid battery as well