Electric Trolleys

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Knee's are knackered, backs screwed, going to take the plunge. I did have a "Power Bug" ages ago that was quite good but I sold it as I preferred to carry at the time. Which brand do you recommend ? Good experiences / Bad experiences ? Please share. thanks.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wouldnt touch Motocaddy after my previous dealings with them, both in terms of the trolley that fell apart but more in terms of their "customer service" or lack of, albeit many years ago now!

Since then I bought a Golfstream revolution, excellent, robust, well built trolley from a UK company that fully understands customer service and have been excellent on the rare occasions Ive needed to contact them. Not the cheapest but worth paying for imho

Lithium battery a must too whichever trolley imo

D

Deleted member 16999

Not doubting Fundy’s experience, but I’ve had Motocaddy’s for over 10 years and never had an issue, my current one is the M5 Connect DHC, had it since Jan this year and so far so good, folds down really small, superb 28v Lithium Battery and really quiet motor.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Motocaddy are the best in my opinion, had a Powerbug previously and would certainly buy another.

You'll hear good and bad about all trolley manufacturers. If your Powerbug was good then I wouldn't hesitate with another plus they were doing payment options last I looked.

D

Deleted member 15344

Motocaddy are the most popular and the new M series are supposed to be very good , I had a S1 for 7 years and was superb , upgraded last year to a S3 and it’s also very good

Heard there have been issues with the DHC stuff with a few gearbox needing to be changed.

The powercaddys look nice but aren’t very solid

If I was buying again right now then it would be either the M3 Pro or M5 👍

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
If you want something cheap, reliable, functional and totally uncool then look no further than a GoKart :ROFLMAO:

Best customer service out there (y)
Another one for the GoKart and the new one is definitely better looking than the old one. I've had mine for 10 years, still pulls like a train. I can have it out of the boot and ready to use in less than a minute, it's that easy to set up.
I like the fact that it doesn't look like your conventional, run-of-the-mill electric trolley. As it's (very strong and durable) plastic it's easy to clean and no rust worries. Also, it has no other whistles and bells other than an on/off switch and a speed roller (unless you get the automatic speed control model). British built and great customer service. I'd buy one of the new ones but this refuses to break down.
I would definitely go for a Lithium battery. The benefits outweigh the extra cost (weight, quicker charging, charge retention).

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had an S1 Motocaddy for 5 years and it was nice but my Powakaddy Fw7 blows it away for looks and stability imho.
As has been said Lithium is a must and I would opt for the 36 hole.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My mate got an automatic gokart recently and I was surprised at how well the auto function works.
I'd be really tempted to go down that route next time. Constantly adjusting speeds can be a pain in the backside.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've had a Gokart, Motocaddy and now Powakaddy. I've not had problems with any of them. The Gokart was cost effective and as everyone says, the couple of times I had issues, the customer service was excellent. But, I'm just not a fan of the look. The Motocaddy S1 is still going strong 6 years later, my wife now uses it, no problems with a couple of repairs out of warranty. I switched to the Powakaddy because we were out of space in the car with three golfers, needed something smaller, and I like the premise of the C2. No real problems to date, couple of small things that could be better but overall happy with it. Have done a review elsewhere on the site with more details.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a GoKart automatic previously. Much noisier than other brands. Handle is low making the brolley holder a waste of time.

Sold it and carried for a year before experiencing an illness which has affected my stamina. Bought a second hand S1 with an 18 hole lithium battery. I have a motocaddy bag which fits brilliantly snug as it has a fitting ‘system’ (bottom of MC bags have a bit cut out to fit the trolley base). Better and cheaper accessories than GoKart. I did have great customer service from them, though.

Lithium is good value for money although very expensive.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had an M1 it was crap. Chewed three batteries until they admitted the motor was faulty.
Customer service was awful.
Basic powakaddy does what you need .
Most makes are reliable now but Lithium is a must.

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
Power caddy fw5 - promo of bag and extras worked out to be best model to go for.
Use scorecard holder, bottle holder and umbrella holder on it.
Scorecard is really handy. Umbrella holder feels like it’ll break anytime.
Trolley is fine. I get about 35 holes from one charge.
Be nice if battery switch was on top, so didn’t have to remove it
Also be nice to be able to charge it with battery in situ without removing too.
Only small niggles, I suppose.
It’s what fits in your car when folded that usually determines which trolley!
Good luck with you choice.