Electric Trolley

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Go kart for me too. Just had mine serviced after 5 years since the last service and for £99 they've replaced all that was worn (wheels etc etc) now like new with a further 2 year warranty.

Unbeatable service.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Check out offmetrolley My mate has one and raves about it, gets just short of 72 holes on one charge.

Iv got that one works great, had it a year now and took a beating through the winter conditions and still nonissues, saw another guy with the same one up my course

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
Looked at the same trolley a few weeks ago, some good reviews and some not so great. Ended up going with a Powerbug because of the 3 year warranty and the tiny lithium battery. Had a few rounds with it and so far so good, battery normally showing as 75% charged after 18 holes.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Iv got that one works great, had it a year now and took a beating through the winter conditions and still nonissues, saw another guy with the same one up my course

Just looking at these. Seem very reasonable. What battery have you got, is it heavy and does it take an age to charge?

Might need to get one 😀

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Just looking at these. Seem very reasonable. What battery have you got, is it heavy and does it take an age to charge?

Might need to get one 😀

I have the 36hole lead battery I can use that for 3 rounds between charging not tried a forth but think it would do the 4 rounds no problem, the battery is quite heavy as with all lead battery's I leave it charging over night so not to sure on charge time, one thing I really like about it is 3 auto distance buttons you can press for 10.20.30 meters and it will stop on that distance,

draw backs: you have to remove battery to fold the trolley up, also the speed control knob is on the right side and I can turn it by accident while I'm holding the handle (right handed) not major issues. finally the guys on amazon who sell it have good customer service

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the 36hole lead battery I can use that for 3 rounds between charging not tried a forth but think it would do the 4 rounds no problem, the battery is quite heavy as with all lead battery's I leave it charging over night so not to sure on charge time, one thing I really like about it is 3 auto distance buttons you can press for 10.20.30 meters and it will stop on that distance,

draw backs: you have to remove battery to fold the trolley up, also the speed control knob is on the right side and I can turn it by accident while I'm holding the handle (right handed) not major issues. finally the guys on amazon who sell it have good customer service

Cheers. Definitely on the list as a maybe...

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd try to find one with a Lithium battery if you can. Great price though!

Does a Lithium battery make that much difference? I can see from the spiel the lithium batteries are about 7kgs lighter but they're on a trolley so it's doing the work for you.

What other advantages does it have other than weight?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does a Lithium battery make that much difference? I can see from the spiel the lithium batteries are about 7kgs lighter but they're on a trolley so it's doing the work for you.

Charges in 2 hours or less, last years longer , most give a 5 year decreasing warranty.
Watch out for ones with the on/speed button on top, i got rid of mine, because it kept trying to escape.
It ended up in bushes, bunkers, and just missed a pond once, while my so called mates just watched and laughed there arses off, one even videoed it :cool: it was funny.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Sounds exactly the same as mine, does the job nicely.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Charges in 2 hours or less, last years longer , most give a 5 year decreasing warranty.
Watch out for ones with the on/speed button on top, i got rid of mine, because it kept trying to escape.
It ended up in bushes, bunkers, and just missed a pond once, while my so called mates just watched and laughed there arses off, one even videoed it :cool: it was funny.

I think I'd have had to laugh as well. 😀. Kind of reminds me of the time my push trolley eascaped down a hill and I was trying to run after it in golf shoes on a gravel path. It just missed going for a swim in a stream.

Playing partners almost wet themselves.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

As I understand it, the discharge pattern on a trolley does not suit a lead acid battery. I've had a couple & they've proved to be unreliable & haven't lasted long. My lithium batteries have never let me down.

GasMan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had my go kart from the old twisty speed control. Had it upgraded to auto handle. I’ve never had any issues other than replacing batteries. Put a litepower lithium in it 3 years ago and it’s done 54 holes off a single charge last Saturday with no fuss. Probably would have gone 72 if my legs could have!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I understand it, the discharge pattern on a trolley does not suit a lead acid battery. I've had a couple & they've proved to be unreliable & haven't lasted long. My lithium batteries have never let me down.

This is correct.... also, Lead acid don't like sitting around partially charged so no good doing several rounds on one charge as it'll 'goose' the battery very quickly. Not the same problem with lithium.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site

Lol that's a video you need to post