Eden/Strathtyrum tournaments at St Andrews

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was hoping to play the Strathtyrum but am about to change jobs and think I'll lose out on holidays by joining in the middle of the holiday year so probably won't have enough days to spare. If I can get a figure from them before the closing date it might still be possible but seems unlikely. :(

D

Deleted Member 1156

Brian, entries are now on the website.

Kaz....you have till end of Feb to get your entry in :thup:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Good courses for beginners.

The Eden is a bit longer but still short by todays standards, think I would pass on this ond

Yeah, probably not a strong enough field for your liking. Guess you don't need the world ranking points either?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I know but will still be working my notice.... will need to do some sums! :)

C'mon....you know you want to ;)

The Scottish girls are a really good bunch, got to know a few of them caddying for Louise last year :thup:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
C'mon....you know you want to ;)

The Scottish girls are a really good bunch, got to know a few of them caddying for Louise last year :thup:

I know and I'd like to but I just don't think I have enough holidays.... Especially if Mrs FD and I are to get a holiday together. Maybe next year! :(

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good courses for beginners.

The Eden is a bit longer but still short by todays standards, think I would pass on this one.

Nice courses to be fair

You do know you don't just play on the Eden and Strath courses don't you!? ;)

I really fancy the Eden tournament, don't have enough holidays for this year but will definitely get up for it at some point. Few folk I know play in it every year and really enjoy it. Plus it's an absolute steal!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Looking at it, how easy it to get in if you are double digit hacker like me? The ballot looks really low.

Usually ballots out around 3 Glyn but the first 120 entries are guaranteed to get a place then the next 120 on ballot. Excellent week, you really should go for it one year :thup:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know but will still be working my notice.... will need to do some sums! :)

Have done the sums and there is no way I'm going to have enough leave this year since I'll lose about a quarter of my entitlement by starting in April. In fact, I might need to consider cancelling something else as well! :(

D

Deleted member 17920

Usually ballots out around 3 Glyn but the first 120 entries are guaranteed to get a place then the next 120 on ballot. Excellent week, you really should go for it one year :thup:
Cheers for that, I guess to get one of the initial 120 places you need to be VERY quick.

i will have a look at the website in more detail on what courses you get to play.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Cheers for that, I guess to get one of the initial 120 places you need to be VERY quick.

i will have a look at the website in more detail on what courses you get to play.

You get qualifying rounds on eden and new. If you make the knockouts they start on wednesday, if you get knocked out you play a medal on the strathtyrum. If you don't make the ko's there is a stableford on thursday on the jubilee. Add in a practice round on either/both courses on sunday and it's a lot of golf for £120 :thup:

And yes, it fills up pretty much instantly!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have applied for the Strathtyrum, I am handing on by my fingernails at the moment, the cut off is currently 10.6 if 8 more single figure entries are received then I am out.

The Eden cut at the moment is 4.5

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
You get qualifying rounds on eden and new. If you make the knockouts they start on wednesday, if you get knocked out you play a medal on the strathtyrum. If you don't make the ko's there is a stableford on thursday on the jubilee. Add in a practice round on either/both courses on sunday and it's a lot of golf for £120 :thup:

And yes, it fills up pretty much instantly!
Don't you play a couple of rounds, and then caddie for a better player ?:whistle: