eBay

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
And peace of mind. Having lost £190 to an "inferior" courier it's RM, or similar "higher end" courier I use, if people don't want to pay that for peace of mind then tough 💩
Why did you lose your money? If it's insured for the full amount surely you get your money back if it's lost by the courier?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Early this year when I wanted a G25 4 wood, there was one up for £100 which was a little steep to me. I sent him an offer of £70, bit of a low-ball thinking he'd negotiate me up a bit or worst he could do is just decline, but to my surprise he accepted it outright! So it does work sometimes, can be worth testing the water.

It normally works when the price is too high to begin with.

I managed to grab 3 glide 2.0 wedges for £100 one time on eBay. They were up for £120 and I bid £100. Which tbh wasn’t overally cheap compared to buying them invidually at the time. Around £30-40 a wedge. But I wanted the set as they were all the same setup.

£70 for a g25 wood is probably a fair price, £100 is expensive.

It is frustrating when you put something up for a fair price and people take the piss and want it for a bargain

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It normally works when the price is too high to begin with.

I managed to grab 3 glide 2.0 wedges for £100 one time on eBay. They were up for £120 and I bid £100. Which tbh wasn’t overally cheap compared to buying them invidually at the time. Around £30-40 a wedge. But I wanted the set as they were all the same setup.

£70 for a g25 wood is probably a fair price, £100 is expensive.

It is frustrating when you put something up for a fair price and people take the piss and want it for a bargain
I agree. But, you can actually set a minimum threshold for offers now. So if I list an item at £50 I can say I won't entertain offers below £40, say. It still lets people make lower offers, but they just get logged on ebay and not emailed to you or anything. It will only notify you of offers above your threshold.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
And peace of mind. Having lost £190 to an "inferior" courier it's RM, or similar "higher end" courier I use, if people don't want to pay that for peace of mind then tough 💩

I have had more issues with Parcel Farce than I have with Hermes. So, personally, I don't get peace of mind with PF.
RM ans it's subsidiaries, since privatisation, have been atrocious.

The only courier that makes me more nervous than PF/RM is Yodel.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If I don't want to give a BiN price I just say so in the listing. "Questions will be answered, requests for a BiN price will be ignored"
Job done

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Why did you lose your money? If it's insured for the full amount surely you get your money back if it's lost by the courier?

Said courier company claimed it was delivered and provided a squiggle as proof. PayPal as always sided with the buyer. After taking advice and considering small claims it wasn't worth the hassle.

PayPal is also an absolute joke. Your responsibility as a seller on ebay selling second hand goods is greater than that of someone selling a new club.

D

Deleted member 18588

As with anything else it's a case of individual experiences.

In the past seven years the only time I had a package go missing it was with Royal Mail and they were bloody useless at resolving it.

Never had any problems with Hermes. 👍

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
BIN costs a tenner as well doesn’t it? Recently sold a camera lens and wanted to put a BIN on there but was put off by the fee. Good job as I got £20 more than I expected!

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've had buyers try to push me into the cheapest delivery option but this only benefits them as you take all the risks if it goes missing or gets damaged if you don't insure it properly. eBay has the odd problem buyer, over 95% are perfectly nice genuine people but there are chancers, although you get these on Gumtree and Facebook as well. It's always best to sell locally face to face if possible as no postage risks and no comeback as the buyer inspects the goods but it's not easy for the likes of me who live fairly remotely with a small audience to sell to.

People always have different values of second hand goods, quick look through Gumtree and you find people almost giving away good items (recently got a set of Cobra F-Max one length irons played with for 1 round for £110) and others asking way over the top prices.

BIN does not cost anything unless you want an auction as well. I only list now when there are £1 listing fee offers and always BIN price rather than an auction, set a sensible price your happy with and it usually sells fairly quickly.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Too many Bargain Hunt watchers - who think they can offer a daft price for something and the seller will roll over and have their tummy tickled, and then agree some daft 'on go on then' price.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Said courier company claimed it was delivered and provided a squiggle as proof. PayPal as always sided with the buyer. After taking advice and considering small claims it wasn't worth the hassle.

PayPal is also an absolute joke. Your responsibility as a seller on ebay selling second hand goods is greater than that of someone selling a new club.
Wow that's a bit too easy to scam, just say you did not receive it even though you have signed for it then get ya money back through PayPal! It's too risky as a seller on eBay, all favours the buyer unfortunately.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Yep. I had a similar episode when "squiggle" signed for receipt. Ebay made me refund the buyer. I've no idea if or where "hermes" delivered the parcel. I've had stuff delivered to me by them by leaving it on the drive in front of the garage...

You could use Royal Mail and be charged a fortune for it!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
BIN costs a tenner as well doesn’t it? Recently sold a camera lens and wanted to put a BIN on there but was put off by the fee. Good job as I got £20 more than I expected!

The BIN fee depends on the asking price if you want auction as well. It costs nothing for private sellers if it is BIN only.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep. I had a similar episode when "squiggle" signed for receipt. Ebay made me refund the buyer. I've no idea if or where "hermes" delivered the parcel. I've had stuff delivered to me by them by leaving it on the drive in front of the garage...

You could use Royal Mail and be charged a fortune for it!
Can't remember if it was Hermes someone else but I had a package delivered once by him putting it inside the green wheely bin and leaving a note saying he'd done so. Lucky we weren't away and it wasn't bin day! :LOL:

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

As far as I'm aware
There's no buy it now fee

Though there is fees to add a reserve price on your items....... Maybe you're getting confused with this??

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I've had people charge me for insured delivery circa 8 or 9 quid only for them squeeze it in a cheapo Hermes for less than 3 quid 😂😂
Many piss takers on eBay
Then give them negative feedback - and say postage cost was ttp! That's what I do!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I have no problem if that's actually who they use! But I DO have a problem if the use someone else - without it being at my suggestion, as I have a very good relationship with my Hermes courier!