Ebay Comments and Opinions please+

chipping

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi All,
Not visited for a while, Was browsing ebay and found these, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130280753782
So mailed him
Q1:
Can you confirm the AP2`s are UK supplied genuine clubs? And the approx age and reason for sale, also are they standard lie.

A:they are 100% genuine, standard loft and lie and they are too good for me being a forged club

Q2:Did you purchase them new? If so when and where, Can you supply the original purchase invoice.

A2:this isn't bargain hunt, its all as the listing and i've mentioned everything which is needed for a genuine 100% sale of a 100% product. feedback proves i don't sell fakes or my playing handicap proves i would'nt buy rubbish , but only the best for my game

Q3:I take it their FAKES then as you don`t wish to divulge their origins,I don`t mind paying A Fair price for genuine clubs, but I won`t Be bidding unless you you can prove they are not FAKE! PS check my feed back

A3:look i know they arn't fakes and i don't have to share information on how much i paid for them with a complete stranger, all i know is you place a watcher on this item and have a look at the feedback left for this product at the end of the auction. a fair price is over £350 only been 4months old and as you know full well brand new there £500+ so its upto you. bid or not i honestly don't mind

Q4:We are all strangers on here! I really don`t care what you paid for them,even if it was 1p, If they are only 4 months old you should have proof of purchase and authenticity.
I have sold a lot of clubs on ebay and have always provided the original receipt to the bidder on request,It just removes all doubt and confirms the originality of what you are selling.
A4:eek:k i bought them for just over 1p and the receipt has been misplaced for the age of the items

Q5:AS I Thought FAKES ALL OVER THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

A5:you are totally 100% miles away from the truth and what you believe. but i don't have a receipt and i don't have to waste time explaining myself to you.

Now is it me or am justified in thinking this guy is evasive or am I being paranoid and ureasonable in asking for proof.
Thanks
I look forward to your comments.

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
Run a mile, dont touch them.

He was prickly from the first question, this is not the act of a genuine person selling a genuine product.

You do not need to risk it.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Titleist AP2 Irons - Excellent Condition 4-PW + GW

And for this price you do not get the AP2 gap Wedge that I bought to compliment the set perfectly (51 Degree)

:D meh

Don't touch them.

Though on the benefit of EBay there is a Ben Sayers Benny for sale for £30 + £10 p+p brand new 12* HT on there, was going to get it but I have two drivers and don't need another.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150320720545

Just bought 50 grade a/b NXT & NXT tours for £19 for my shag bag which I thought was a bargin, though no doubt lake balls but ok for practice.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
What make you think there fakes? They might just be HOT

Seriously, I bought 4 clubs towards the end of last year, and I couldn't show you recipts for them. Before anyone asks, they were biught from a pro shop.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Id actually have a punt on them, unless he bought them knowing they were not legit and has tried to sell them on.
I wouldnt have been so forward/cheeky in the questions asked as Ive sold kit before and know there are some folk out there who's only mission in life it to kick tyres.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I still can't understand why he advertises the GW on the advert and in the page states its not for sale?? How many people buying AP2's would buy the GW when Titleist wedges are some of the best after spending over £500 on a set of irons?

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
I still can't understand why he advertises the GW on the advert and in the page states its not for sale?? How many people buying AP2's would buy the GW when Titleist wedges are some of the best after spending over £500 on a set of irons?

I thought that when I first read it. Read it again and you will realise, that he says that these clubs often sell for over £400.00 and that does not include the gap wedge. ( however his does ).

It is a very poor description.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
arr right... sounds dodgy to me. If I was going to buy new irons or something costing a fair bit I think I would rather pay the extra and know they are 100%.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
On the receipt front, I've noticed that many receipts these days are printed on the sort of paper we used in fax machines in the 90's. The print just fades to nothing in about 3 months. Just fished out a load of them for my clubs and all bar 1 are completely blank.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to say that his response didn't fill me with confidence. To be honest I'd never buy any club over the internet as I need to have hit them and seen them first. I know loads of forummers buy and sell on e-bay and golfbidder regularly without incident but there seems to be an increasing number of this type of thread and to be fair I'd rather save a little longer and buy new from my pro or AG

My gut instinct says at best snide and worse case scenario fake but I don't have the e-bay experience to be 100% certain.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Definately walk away.

There must be more AP2's out there. 47 feedbacks means Jack!

He's recently sold some ZM's as well as 2 906 3 woods (to the same person who is no longer registered (himself maybe?)) and a 907 driver.

Could be sound but there's too much that's dodgy about it. The PayPal protection does work. I had a fake Cally FT-3 driver sold to me. Went through the complaint channels, got e-mails from Callaway and the R&A guy Steve Otto to confirm it was a fake and I got my money back.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good that the complaints system works and you can get the money back but it just seems so much hassle and a bit of a gamble everytime. Think I'll stick with my pro and AG and trust the reliability of their products even if I do have to pay more.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
The first thing I would have done is ask for some better pictures.

Well spotted.

I buy a few things on ebay, and picture quality is TOP for me along with feedback.

Let's face it.....with such a poor effort on the photos, one can't help but hear alarm bells.....

If such a crappy picture was on Autotrader, I'd pass instantly.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
What's all that about the GW. Says it's included, and then in the text that it's not!

Either fake, nicked or he works or has a mate that works at a golf retailers and is nicked.

I don't agree with buying nicked kit as this only encourages yet more theft. Even if the product is not a fake, and is genuine, his answers are enough to put me off.

I'd steer well clear of ebay for this type of kit.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
All you need is the code off the 6 iron then check that online.

I had bought 2 sets of Titleist irons from brand new and got a Quality assurance certificate of inpection form showing the spec etc worth its gold when selling on

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
agree the bit about the GW is down to bad grammar (that and spelling ought to be a condition of selling :p).

if these clubs are only 4 months old are new lambkin grips realistic?