Dropped the ball with HID....

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Mrs has been asking me for some money to book flights for our place in France. I have been kind of fobbing her off for a few days saying we need to sit down and chat about it as I am sort of sick of the same old holiday.

We have not found the time to chat so I emailed her with my concerns. I told her how I wanted to do the house up to sell, do the car up to sell (new one on the way). Put money aside for some things for our little girl and so on.

I said we should commit to these things or blow them out and live as we are.

I fully expected her to come back and tell me she had saved X or some other way round it....

She came back, told me she wanted to commit to the future, told me how much she loved me and how happy she was that I was not going to buy any more golf clubs...........

Who said anything about the golf club budget??? what the heck? I only wanted to get our of a holiday, now I have to buy a new house and not buy any more golf clubs........

As a family I am not sure our current hybrid is up to scratch....

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shes two Amanda... Long wait! :(

Don't be too sure. My boys are 2 and 4 and already they are wanting to tag along when I go to the range and I've had both of them come round the course with me in a buggy on a family day at my club. As soon as I get my clubs out of the garage both of them are by the door getting their shoes on to come with me. The 4 year old has his own junior half set and bashes away with the driver while the younger one takes the 9 iron and tries hitting the ball with that.

D

Deleted member 15344

Regularly e mail my OH about stuff during the week - easier to communicate whilst working

Might also get away with a cheeky golf buy when she is concentrating on work :D

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
@OP thanks for this thread, crap day in work and this has really cheered me up

Ditto, currently saving for a few plans, sold the Cally razr's and she thinks the money is going in the fund, she doesn't realise I've tried tow more sets of clubs tonight.... Whoopsie.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Well Alex, if marriages were allotted handicaps, that is a high handicap married man mistake!

Just a simple! "How about a change of holiday this year" is far simpler. She will then think for a few seconds and then tell you what you're going to do - that's the way it ever was!

Email the wife? Have something in writing? There's no hope for you my son! You can kiss goodbye to new clubs for a while!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
You really have dropped one Alex. You can't tell the misses that you need to use your money on more important things than luxuries like holidays. We know that golf kit is a vital part of having healthy happy life, not a luxury, but HID does not always see it that way.

BTW, favorite post of the year so far, wake up and read this is so funny.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was up late the other night, on the internet. When I went to bed my Wife asked me what I had been looking at so late at night. I told her I had been looking at 'Flights' She said how nice and what a thoughtful thing for me to do. Well! she was quite accommodating after this.

Funny that after all these years of marrage I didnt know she was interested in Darts ! :eek:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
@OP, funniest thing I've read on the forum for while and what a schoolboy error, putting down in writing your intentions, you do realise that will be printed and presented as evidence ad infinitum whenever the subject of money is broached until such time you make good on the car and house, but even then she has you over a barrel as the house will never be good enough.

I think this is appropriate
04e2c3ea002bc3c352602099

:rofl:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was up late the other night, on the internet. When I went to bed my Wife asked me what I had been looking at so late at night. I told her I had been looking at 'Flights' She said how nice and what a thoughtful thing for me to do. Well! she was quite accommodating after this.

Funny that after all these years of marrage I didnt know she was interested in Darts ! :eek:

Now that is funny!!

Ye shocking, we have been together 22 years this year... How did I get this far?

As for funny posts, no, she does not read my posts for me, she is not a silly cow, James has not asked for a go only to find out she has form.... Now that post was funny! Where the heck did it go, I actually laughed out loud.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
My Mrs has been asking me for some money to book flights for our place in France. I have been kind of fobbing her off for a few days saying we need to sit down and chat about it as I am sort of sick of the same old holiday.

We have not found the time to chat so I emailed her with my concerns. I told her how I wanted to do the house up to sell, do the car up to sell (new one on the way). Put money aside for some things for our little girl and so on.

I said we should commit to these things or blow them out and live as we are.

I fully expected her to come back and tell me she had saved X or some other way round it....

She came back, told me she wanted to commit to the future, told me how much she loved me and how happy she was that I was not going to buy any more golf clubs...........

Who said anything about the golf club budget??? what the heck? I only wanted to get our of a holiday, now I have to buy a new house and not buy any more golf clubs........

As a family I am not sure our current hybrid is up to scratch....

As clangers go, that's apretty big one :rofl: