driver weights

neilu

Visit site
Hi
just bought a R11s and have been tweaking things a little, 9.75 loft, o base plate and am fairly happy with the flight of the ball, but with the 10g in the heel it seems to draw too much, and in the toe,fade too much. I also have a R7 fairway with 14g and 2g weights that I hardly ever use. would I be be affecting the swing weight too much if I was to use either the 2 heavy or the 2 light weights together. I know a proper fitting would be the best option but I just thought I'd ask some advice first.
many thanks

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Suck it and see is the best way!

Any change is pretty marginal imo, but if it gives greater confidence to swing freely then it's beneficial.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found changing the weights made zero difference at all to the flight of the ball, impressed if your able to make any difference by swapping weights around.

neilu

Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Tried it last night on the course. the 2 light weights went straightish, then tried the 2 heavy ones, couldn't believe the difference in the weight when swinging the club, but gave me a great solid strike. hope it wasn't a one off. It was getting dark so couldn't try the light weights in the 3 wood.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I put 24 grams of weight in the heel of my Superquad.

It drew good style haha.

Give it a bssh, nothing ventured nothing gained.