Driver dilemma!!!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ping g400 all the way. Swung it far better, more consistent flight. Ordering Wednesday - waiting for a bit more cash and AG card to arrive. Can't wait!!!! Lovely club!!!

There's no doubt it's a very good driver I've watched a lot of reviews online and they are all very positive.

Be interested to know how much longer the Ping was compared to the Benross you tried, Tested both on course and the Pings around 5 yards longer for me, but hoping it will get better as I've only had two rounds with the Ping.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Jeezo, all you guys talk about is long....long is not something I have issues with, in fact I'm not even sure I'd want my drives going any longer if you can believe that, it's the missing of the fairways I'm bothered about. If you guys are telling me a less than five year old driver will make me hit 50% more fairways per round, I'd be out tomorrow buying two.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Jeezo, all you guys talk about is long....long is not something I have issues with, in fact I'm not even sure I'd want my drives going any longer if you can believe that, it's the missing of the fairways I'm bothered about. If you guys are telling me a less than five year old driver will make me hit 50% more fairways per round, I'd be out tomorrow buying two.

Im a senior and don't miss many fairways so that's not really a problem for me, if I could get another 10 /15 yards it would make a differance to my game.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Length is one of the last things I look to when purchasing a new driver.

Launch, spin, dispersion, flight, looks and acoustics all play a bigger part in my decision process than length. I'd happily sacrifice 5/10 yards length if every drive was tighter and on the short stuff.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Indian not the arrow

Come on guys stop falling for the marketing - You talking about a driver being longer when it won't make a difference to your mid handicapper swings.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Indian not the arrow

Come on guys stop falling for the marketing - You talking about a driver being longer when it won't make a difference to your mid handicapper swings.

Love it, I've gotta laugh as well....oh but this gives me an extra 5 yards :rofl:

D

Deleted member 21258

Ping g400 all the way. Swung it far better, more consistent flight. Ordering Wednesday - waiting for a bit more cash and AG card to arrive. Can't wait!!!! Lovely club!!!

Does this mean we will need to change your name to Mr 5 pointer.;)

Hope it works for you Nick, looking forward to seeing it in action.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If a particular club possibly give you possible extra performance and probable greater confidence who are we to decry it or how they feel about the club?

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve just got the G400 sftec driver, 30yds gain over my old driver and 12yds further than nearest other driver I tried at the fitting. My bad shot was a fade/slice with the G400 I hit nothing right of centre average was 4yds left can’t believe how good it is

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I like hitting it five yards further in the rubbish :)

G400 very nice club, shaft doesn't do it for me. honestly think I'd buy the head but find a decent shaft option.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve just got the G400 sftec driver, 30yds gain over my old driver and 12yds further than nearest other driver I tried at the fitting. My bad shot was a fade/slice with the G400 I hit nothing right of centre average was 4yds left can’t believe how good it is

Wow that’s some gains, I’ve not found it to be much better than my old driver so far, what driver were you using previously?

what h/c are you if you don’t mind me asking?

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Callaway Big Bertha 2014 model at my fitting carrying just over 200yds. Titleist 917, callaway epic and taylormade m2 could only match it, cobra f7 about 210 and callaway fusion about 220 and ping g400 over 230.
The ping was so much straighter than all the others as well. Got the sftec with the tour shaft in it. Those gains where also with a reduced club head speed of 6mph.
I’m 17 handicap

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Callaway Big Bertha 2014 model at my fitting carrying just over 200yds. Titleist 917, callaway epic and taylormade m2 could only match it, cobra f7 about 210 and callaway fusion about 220 and ping g400 over 230.
The ping was so much straighter than all the others as well. Got the sftec with the tour shaft in it. Those gains where also with a reduced club head speed of 6mph.
I’m 17 handicap

How many swings with each club did you make?

Be interested in seeing full break down of stats.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’m 17 handicap

Thats interesting I also tried the Epic on my fitting and the Ping was a lot better, and swing swing was faster also ,I'm also 17 h/c and my average was 220 with the Ping, you have obviously got a better swing than me.:thup:

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Saying its 7, 10 or 20 yards further than the other drivers is just garbage im afraid. Only explanation for that is you missed the middle with the other drivers. Watch the golf pros on youtube testing drivers. Not only is there nothing in it across the models, but there is also only very debateable improvement year on year.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Saying its 7, 10 or 20 yards further than the other drivers is just garbage im afraid. Only explanation for that is you missed the middle with the other drivers. Watch the golf pros on youtube testing drivers. Not only is there nothing in it across the models, but there is also only very debateable improvement year on year.

It's only garbage if they were all with the same shaft, loft, weight etc.

It's quite easy to see gains between clubs based on numerous factors. Whether they equate to 30 yards or not is not for me to say.