Driver dilemma!!!

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Saying its 7, 10 or 20 yards further than the other drivers is just garbage im afraid. Only explanation for that is you missed the middle with the other drivers. Watch the golf pros on youtube testing drivers. Not only is there nothing in it across the models, but there is also only very debateable improvement year on year.

Strange how I tried various clubs at American Golf a few weeks before having my fitting and got the same results. Ping G400 30yds further than my driver a most others. I’ve seen it in black and white the ping g400 was further and straighter than others for me

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strange how I tried various clubs at American Golf a few weeks before having my fitting and got the same results. Ping G400 30yds further than my driver a most others. I’ve seen it in black and white the ping g400 was further and straighter than others for me

I went to my Pro for my fitting and tested the Taylormade M2, Ping G400 and the Callaway Epic.

Extra distance was not my priority but dispersion and forgiveness along with consistency. I'm pleased to say I've got all 3 with the Epic.

Apart from the odd bad swing from me I'm hitting the driver straighter than I ever have with any other driver. Only yesterday, I hit one off the very edge of the heel and it still run out at approx. 170yds!

As a high handicapper I do hit a few off centre ones, but the Epic saves the day!

:fore:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

This doesn't surprise me. Some clubs suit some people. It may be psychological, in fact it probably is. Same as why some putters work for a player and others don't. You look at some clubs, fancy them and so swing better.

I think the ping looks gorgeous and would really fancy a shot with that in my hand. Enjoy.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Interesting.

But distance doesn't come from nowhere. Was the clibhead speed faster? The hits more central? The spin lower? Launch angle better?? If you understand why it was better it might give a realistic idea of whether it can be replicated long term on the course.

I'm guessing the man at AG is smelling a sale and might not be too forthcoming on the details!

Good luck anyway.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The thing is I tried the ping epic ben r and m1 and 2 on the range,not indoors. I could visibly see the difference in flight dispersion and distance no sales gimmic needed. We then looked at flightscope to see ball speed angle if attack smash factor impact on club face etc. Visual backed by technology = sell me a ping!

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Interesting.

But distance doesn't come from nowhere. Was the clibhead speed faster? The hits more central? The spin lower? Launch angle better?? If you understand why it was better it might give a realistic idea of whether it can be replicated long term on the course.

I'm guessing the man at AG is smelling a sale and might not be too forthcoming on the details!

Good luck anyway.

I never got fit at AG just tried a few drivers, I was fit at my club.
Swing speed was less, but spin was less and launch better.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Now the proud owner of a ping G400! Thanks to bday money, trade in, voucher, a further 10% off Black Friday only cost me personally £87! Plus i got a better grip! = nick is a happy golfer!

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Now the proud owner of a ping G400! Thanks to bday money, trade in, voucher, a further 10% off Black Friday only cost me personally £87! Plus i got a better grip! = nick is a happy golfer!

Good to hear mate

Centre fairways and short par 4s beware :fore: