Do you need a big boot?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My last car change was to a Peugeot 308.

I opted for the estate as it meant that I did not have to fold the rear seat down to get clubs in the back which I needed to do with the hatchback. (I took my clubs with me)

having looked at the Octavia theere was not a lot of difference but would have done the same (I went for the P 308 because it was easier to get in to the driver's seat).

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Next car is going to be the Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. Need the estate due to having a dog who wouldn't be happy in the enclosed boot. Going for the VRS Petrol model because I am still a boy racer at heart!

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
Next car is going to be the Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. Need the estate due to having a dog who wouldn't be happy in the enclosed boot. Going for the VRS Petrol model because I am still a boy racer at heart!
Good choice, I have a Golf R Estate for similar reasons. Auxilliary golf club/trolley storage unit or dog box when required plus it goes like stink.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good choice, I have a Golf R Estate for similar reasons. Auxilliary golf club/trolley storage unit or dog box when required plus it goes like stink.
I have the golf r hatchback at the moment so looking for something a little bit bigger and the Skoda comes in a bit cheaper which is always nice. Not sure if the Skoda is any bigger as I haven't checked but fancy something different this time.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Looked at one Saturday. Very nice but couldn’t justify the £10k difference between that and the Seat Leon ST 2.0 FR. The price difference would more than sort out a remap to liberate a few more horses if they are actually needed.

Have you thought about a Seat Cupra estate if you fancy the vRS?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looked at one Saturday. Very nice but couldn’t justify the £10k difference between that and the Seat Leon ST 2.0 FR. The price difference would more than sort out a remap to liberate a few more horses if they are actually needed.

Have you thought about a Seat Cupra estate if you fancy the vRS?

I have considered it and tbh I don't have a specific reason why I prefer the Skoda over the Seat and the VW.

The problem I also have is at the moment there are none for sale in NI (as i'd be going second hand). So would have to make the trip over the water to get one without actually having driven one before travelling. I am hoping a local garage may be able to source one for me or see what deals they may be doing at the time. I won't be changing until September anyway so have time to see what else pops up as well.

That range of cars just seem to be such great value for what you get compared to the Audi & BMW equivalents. I still believe the hot hatches are the best cars on the road for their money. Low insurance, decent mpg, decent tax, decent maintenance costs.

D

Deleted member 1147

My BMW 2 series hasn't got a particularly big boot. But I can get an electric trolley, a large trolley bag and my shoes in.
I just have to take a wheel of the trolley. The driver can stay in the bag as well

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
good to learn that it's not just me that takes my golf bag along when looking at new cars :) Designers should make it a priority that golf gear fits into the boot !!!!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I have considered it and tbh I don't have a specific reason why I prefer the Skoda over the Seat and the VW.

The problem I also have is at the moment there are none for sale in NI (as i'd be going second hand). So would have to make the trip over the water to get one without actually having driven one before travelling. I am hoping a local garage may be able to source one for me or see what deals they may be doing at the time. I won't be changing until September anyway so have time to see what else pops up as well.

That range of cars just seem to be such great value for what you get compared to the Audi & BMW equivalents. I still believe the hot hatches are the best cars on the road for their money. Low insurance, decent mpg, decent tax, decent maintenance costs.

Bar a couple of points I can concede that the vRS is a better car than the Leon FR, but for my circumstances the Leon is the better deal.

If you fancy the vRS it might be worth speaking to the dealer. There’s a new Octavia in 2020 so there are deals to be had, my one was offering me over £5k off a new 2019 Octavia SE L.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't say it was the biggest.
But as an all round package, price, mpg, tax, insurance it's certainly worth considering
Exactly this, it is a cracking car. I have the Superb as I do a decent mileage and I wanted the extra comfort but if you don't the Octavia is the one to go for.