Do you go to the seaside any more?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Just because the town is grotty the beach can still be nice, Jaywick is a much maligned hell hole but a short walk and it’s beach is lovely with crystal blue water and soft yellow sand. It’s always quiet and you can take the dog. Had many a good day there as a kid and with my kids… not been for a few years but feel a bit nostalgic for it!
Margate beach is lovely, just don’t turn around and look at the town

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Property prices, a bungalow went for £13.500,000.
One of the most expensive places to live in the whole world.
The Sandbanks ferry might be out of service.
Getting through the traffic out of Bournemouth in the other direction could take well over an hour.
Not much in the way of local shops.
Go into Bournemouth there could be half a million people on the sea front.
I have a house outside Sandbanks - 15 minutes away.
I don't need to use the Ferry to the beach hut
It takes 15 minutes to get there
Who goes to Bournemouth town centre, it's a dump
Our Beach hut is at Canford Cliffs a suburb of Poole / Sandbanks area.

What's not to like for me :)

RichA

Visit site
Just because the town is grotty the beach can still be nice, Jaywick is a much maligned hell hole but a short walk and it’s beach is lovely with crystal blue water and soft yellow sand. It’s always quiet and you can take the dog. Had many a good day there as a kid and with my kids… not been for a few years but feel a bit nostalgic for it!
Went there a couple of times in relation to my work about 10 years ago, before it had its own TV show.
It is an interesting place. Interesting in the Chinese way.
I didn't explore the beach.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Born and bred in Ilfracombe just an unbelievably great place to grow up by the sea.
Off to Woolacombe and Morthoe at the end of this month,fabulous beaches and walks.
Live in Taunton now and really miss the sea.
I lived in Ilfracombe for a short while a good few years ago. I used the liberal club as my local as it was nearest to where I lived and had the best snooker tables.
I played cricket for Ilfracombe as well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another crap town nice beach place is Newbiggin by the sea, town had about as much charm as a Glaswegian housing scheme but the beach is great.
Ha ha, that's about right. We take our dog for a walk there sometimes. Park in the main car park, walk along the front until you reach the end. It's a nice walk, good promenade, beach and some nice houses looking out to sea. The town though is grim, desperately in need of improvement. Can't argue with your description 😄

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Wife went with the youngest daughter and grand daughter to Whitstable today. She said it was lovely and had a great time.
I think we need to reinforce the thought that British beaches are rubbish, we don't want them crowded.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The Wife went with the youngest daughter and grand daughter to Whitstable today. She said it was lovely and had a great time.
I think we need to reinforce the thought that British beaches are rubbish, we don't want them crowded.
Yes, Rhossili is rubbish. That must be why it is never crowded. Please don't bother going there anyone.

Rhossili.jpg

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have a house outside Sandbanks - 15 minutes away.
I don't need to use the Ferry to the beach hut
It takes 15 minutes to get there
Who goes to Bournemouth town centre, it's a dump
Our Beach hut is at Canford Cliffs a suburb of Poole / Sandbanks area.

What's not to like for me :)
I get the point. Stated twice that the beach hut and house are within 15 minutes, but how long in the traffic?
You have also implied the hut is more Poole than Sandbanks.
Do you have to pay council tax on it?

These huts don't come cheap. Mudeford is not far away.
It's about the same size as my garden shed, worth about £25.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I do have some favourite seaside places.
Clovelly - once the tourists have gone home.
St. Ives - see above.
Newport (Pembs).
Rattray Head.
Brodick.
Whitby.
Lindisfarne.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I get the point. Stated twice that the beach hut is 15 minutes away, but how long in the traffic?
You have also implied the hut is more Poole than Sandbanks.
Do you have to pay council tax on it?

These huts don't come cheap. Mudeford is not far away.
It's about the same size as my garden shed, worth about £25.
I live in Poole, Sandbanks goes from Bournemouth Pier to Shore Road Poole, same long stretch of beach, about 4 miles long, beach huts all the way along it. Our beach hut is approx 50% of the way along so helps as lazy people hang round either end however there are 3 car parks near it, one at the front, one at the library and a massive one behind the beach. Always room at 1 of them even on the busiest day. It is a 15 minute drive to the beach hut from my house, we go through liliputt rather than the main sandbanks penisula meaning very little delay, of course mid summer if you insist on driving to the main car park in the centre of sandbanks it will be busy, just like trying to drive to the centre of London but there is never any reason to do this ever.

We pay £1,000 a year for the beach hut, split between the 5 kids so £200 each and a real bargain

Here is a picture from the cliff above where our beach hut is.

Beach Hut.jpg

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I live in Poole, Sandbanks goes from Bournemouth Pier to Shore Road Poole, same long stretch of beach, about 4 miles long, beach huts all the way along it. Our beach hut is approx 50% of the way along so helps as lazy people hang round either end however there are 3 car parks near it, one at the front, one at the library and a massive one behind the beach. Always room at 1 of them even on the busiest day. It is a 15 minute drive to the beach hut from my house, we go through liliputt rather than the main sandbanks penisula meaning very little delay, of course mid summer if you insist on driving to the main car park in the centre of sandbanks it will be busy, just like trying to drive to the centre of London but there is never any reason to do this ever.

We pay £1,000 a year for the beach hut, split between the 5 kids so £200 each and a real bargain

Here is a picture from the cliff above where our beach hut is.

View attachment 48147
Brother-in-Law and wife lived in Lilliput late 1980s. Pretty sure I walked past your hut a few times. Nice spot - well done!