Do you go to the seaside any more?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I live close to the sea and don’t suffer with any asthmatic symptoms & what’s more I never have, but what I have noticed is that my skin seems to have a semi-permanent golden tinge to it, should I move closer to an inland town or major city? :unsure:
Just lay off those spray tans David Dickinson and all will be well 😂

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Love the seaside, love walking by the sea and on firm sand or coastal footpaths; and love exploring rock pools; but as for lying on a towel on a sandy beach…not really my cup of tea.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I like going to Knott end on the west coast and Saltfleetby on the east coast if it’s summer. Nobody ever there and can walk my dogs in tranquility.
Seaside towns are hell on earth for me.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
When we lived in Surrey, absolutely loved having a day trip to Studland. Fantastic sandy National Trust beach with a gently sloping bay. It was fab going across Poole harbour on the chain ferry, as long as you didnt have to queue for hours.
Funnily enough didnt mind queuing on the way back as it was stunningly beautiful on the other side as the sun started sinking.

Since we moved up North 11 years ago, have only been a handful of times and have never been to Scarborough, even though its not too far away.

Northumberland beaches and the beach at Harlech are stunning, but the sea is a bit nippy.

Looking forward to going to the beach at Kingsbarns in August. Great views of the golf course.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Missis T has given me Julys birthday treat for my 60th. We’re off to the seaside for a Couple of nights. A place called Staithes in North Yorkshire, looks gorgeous on Google maps. If am fit enough am having a cliff top walk.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Missis T has given me Julys birthday treat for my 60th. We’re off to the seaside for a Couple of nights. A place called Staithes in North Yorkshire, looks gorgeous on Google maps. If am fit enough am having a cliff top walk.
The whole coast from Saltburn to Filey is part of the Cleveland Way and is a lovely place to walk with some great views. Getting a bus and walking from Saltburn to Staithes is a very pleasant walk with lovely views and a great beach at Skinningrove. You go over the highest point on the East coast of England at Boulby head with great views but none of the uphill is particularly long.

In the other direction Runswick Bay is very attractive and a shorter walk.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The whole coast from Saltburn to Filey is part of the Cleveland Way and is a lovely place to walk with some great views. Getting a bus and walking from Saltburn to Staithes is a very pleasant walk with lovely views and a great beach at Skinningrove. You go over the highest point on the East coast of England at Boulby head with great views but none of the uphill is particularly long.

In the other direction Runswick Bay is very attractive and a shorter walk.
Runswick was the circular walk I was looking at 👍

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site

Tashyboy

Visit site
It is deffo Staithea 😁
Thought this summed it up nicely on me travels today at Runswick bay
It says life is much better by the sea 😁

Attachments

• IMG_9948.jpeg
    IMG_9948.jpeg
    534.7 KB · Views: 11

aimal

Banned
Visit site
Just spent 6 hrs in Looe and had a great boat trip out to Looe island and round to polperro.

Can’t remember ever spending more than an hour at places like whitstable

Bought more fish for tea as well
It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Looe...Boat trips can truly offer a unique perspective on coastal towns. The fresh fish must have made for a delicious meal. Next time you're in the mood for a longer stay, consider checking out sunset cruises in Oahu—they're breathtaking and worth the time!