Do you go to the seaside any more?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well okay, you pay your money and you take your choice.
A couple of miles from Tenby is one of the most beautiful coves in the country at Lydstep, but what do you see?
A hideous monster of a caravan park.
Blackpool has some pretty good golf. Royal Lytham, St Anne's Old Links for a start.
Never played them but I would have loved to.
I was only using Tenby as an example of a smaller, less commercial seaside town. I wasn’t saying it was the best or without fault 😀

D

Deleted member 1147

Just sold our holiday cottage in Filey. Am quite sad we won't be spending time on the beach there any more, it's stunning. Love it particularly in winter when it's totally deserted.
It's a cracking beach.
I'm there next week for a golf trip to Ganton followed by a curry

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
As part of our Cornwall break we decide to go to:

Padstow - awful place
Newquay - will give margate a good run for its money for being a dive
Perranporth - the best of the 3 but still won’t be going back

Our favourites are Looe, polperro and mevagissy

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I live at the seaside (not far from Cooden Beach)... if you think its dark, dreary, expensive.... then I suggest you're going to the wrong places 😎
Am heading to Norman's bay very early friday morning to watch the sun come up and have a cooked breakfast on the beach before it gets too bloody hot .
Depending on the tide it will decide whether or not we go paddling.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep, we have a beach hut at Sandbanks and have for years, spent most of the wekend there and my wife and kids will liive down there this summer as usual. It's an amazing place. As a local it's £100 for a yearly parking ticket and our hut is between bournemouth pier and the Poole end so it's quieter. What's not to like, amazing sand, beautiful water, great amenties and a total relaxation.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yep, we have a beach hut at Sandbanks and have for years, spent most of the wekend there and my wife and kids will liive down there this summer as usual. It's an amazing place. As a local it's £100 for a yearly parking ticket and our hut is between bournemouth pier and the Poole end so it's quieter. What's not to like, amazing sand, beautiful water, great amenties and a total relaxation.
Property prices, a bungalow went for £13.500,000.
One of the most expensive places to live in the whole world.
The Sandbanks ferry might be out of service.
Getting through the traffic out of Bournemouth in the other direction could take well over an hour.
Not much in the way of local shops.
Go into Bournemouth there could be half a million people on the sea front.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Just spent 6 hrs in Looe and had a great boat trip out to Looe island and round to polperro.

Can’t remember ever spending more than an hour at places like whitstable

Bought more fish for tea as well

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
We live about 10 minutes from Hythe in Kent, so we go down there 2 or 3 times a week for a walk along the seafront. We don't go there at weekends when it's really busy.
That would explain the smell of werthers, ralgex and stale wee!

Actually we’re getting married at westernhanger castle in September and staying at the hythe imperial.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Property prices, a bungalow went for £13.500,000.
One of the most expensive places to live in the whole world.
The Sandbanks ferry might be out of service.
Getting through the traffic out of Bournemouth in the other direction could take well over an hour.
Not much in the way of local shops.
Go into Bournemouth there could be half a million people on the sea front.
Crikey, someone got out of bed the wrong side today!

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just because the town is grotty the beach can still be nice, Jaywick is a much maligned hell hole but a short walk and it’s beach is lovely with crystal blue water and soft yellow sand. It’s always quiet and you can take the dog. Had many a good day there as a kid and with my kids… not been for a few years but feel a bit nostalgic for it!