Do I not like that....

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Don't give a monkey's really, but if having your shirt untucked is untidy, then it must apply to everyone. (Don't a lot of people fight very hard for this type of equality?)
Same goes for sock-rules, sleeve-rules etc.

D

Deleted member 35504

To be fair, when golfers turn up dressed like in that photo, it does validate a lot of what Orikono and others are getting at.

So please, nothing personal to the actual gent, this is just about the attire as we're discussing:

The shirt is tucked in, granted and it all adheres to the generic dress code... .. BUT nothing colour matches, the socks look, errr, a bit daft, and and it's frankly 2 out of 10 for general appearance. A slim young man in short white socks, co-ordinated shorts and slim fit polo would look a lot smarter whether the polo was tucked in or not imo, even though I'm in the shirt in camp.

D-S

Visit site
I don’t really mind what ‘camp’ someone is in, I have my own views of what scruffy and out of place looks like. It also happens that my taste conforms just about all dress codes except long or above the the ankle socks.
My issue is people forcing others to wear what they think is ‘tasteful’ and denying them access if they are not compliant.
Have your own tastes and foibles by all means just don’t foist it on others who are many decades younger than you or do not conform to your own chosen stereotype.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair, when golfers turn up dressed like in that photo, it does validate a lot of what Orikono and others are getting at.

So please, nothing personal to the actual gent, this is just about the attire as we're discussing:

The shirt is tucked in, granted and it all adheres to the generic dress code... .. BUT nothing colour matches, the socks look, errr, a bit daft, and and it's frankly 2 out of 10 for general appearance. A slim young man in short white socks, co-ordinated shorts and slim fit polo would look a lot smarter whether the polo was tucked in or not imo, even though I'm in the shirt in camp.
To be fair slim young men look better in most things !

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With the internet now you can look up what any dress code is at most clubs in seconds.

If you don’t like it don’t go there.

I have to say though.” I don’t know why anyone wants to wear a cap indoors”
But some do !